Austin

Friday, November 3rd

Austin's House

8:00 p.m

After a few minutes I went back downstairs to see no one there. I walk towards my room and as I past Luke's room, I see him packing up all of his stuff.

He's really leaving

When he first told me I couldn't believe it. He is trying his best to fix all of his mistakes. My hatred for him slowly started to go away.

I went back towards my room and turned on my tv. After a while of looking through the channels I decided to watch Riverdale since it was the only thing I could find. I'm not one to watch those type of shows, I personally prefer watching either soccer or action movies. Before I know it I find myself not wanting to stop watching. I don't know how or why but I got caught up in the show. After a few episodes of debating whether or not I should eat, I eventually pause the show and order some pizza. 

After a few minutes of waiting and watching, I finally heard the doorbell ring. I pause the show and race down the steps, grabbing the money on the way. As I open the door I recognize the delivery guy from last time. 

"Hey you're Tyler" I say as I receive the pizza and hand him the money. 

"You remember" he says as he laughs.

"Of course. You're the guy who delivers the most precious thing in my life...my pizza" we both laugh at my statement. I bid Tyler goodbye and close the door. Not gonna lie he's a cool guy, I wonder why I never talked to him before. 

After a whole season of Riverdale and a large pepperoni pizza later, I finally decide to get out of room finding myself wandering towards Luke's room. I take a look into his room to see that he's already packed everything in his room. His pictures are in a box, as well as his clothes and his small amount of books. If he were to leave with his boxes at this moment, it would almost look as if no one ever even lived in that room. It's sucks because me and him have spent our whole lives in this house, all the memories are here. To think that he's actually leaving is unbelievable and I'm not so sure if I've processed it completely myself. I quietly watch as Luke throws his favorite leather jacket on. 

So you're really leaving...

"Yeah I am" he says without facing me. 

"I said that out loud didn't I?" I say as I fall on his mattress. 

"Yeah. You seriously need to learn how to control that because it could get you into some real trouble"

"Oh please. As if anyone would ever want to hurt this face" I say as I point towards my face. 

"Oh yeah. You're face has a target on it, especially if you show it off like that" Luke says as he pushes me back on his bed. I sit up straight as he sits next to me. 

"I actually want to talk to you about something" 

"You like Camila" Luke says casually. 

"What?!" I blurt out. 

"What? I know it, you probably know it as well but you're scared to admit it" Luke says as he folds his hands together as his arms rest on his knees. 

"I'm not afraid to admit anything. I just wanted to talk to you about what I've been thinking about lately. And it might not even mean that I like Camila" I defend myself. 

Or does it?

"Okay then. Tell me what's been on your mind lately Mr. Park"

"Alright. Well to begin with I can't believe you're actually leav-" I begin to say but Luke cuts me off right away. 

"Get to the main part"

"Okay damn. So I've been thinking about Savannah and me, I'm not sure if I love her. I know I would tell her I love her and I meant it every single time, but she's never said it back or at least not that I can remember. I'm beginning to feel like she doesn't love me and I know actions speak louder than words, but not even her actions say she loves me back" I pause thinking about whether I want to say it out loud but maybe I'm not the only one with suspicions. "Lately she's been too possessive, but only around Camila. Not just that, but I've seen the way she is around Jaden and it's completely different from when we're together" I finish saying as I look at Luke. He seems to be deep in thought and thinking carefully about what he's about to say next. I'm almost certain about what he's going to say but what I'm really scared about is my answer. 

"What do you think about Camila?" he asks, already knowing the answer. His look says it all, the way his eyes sparkle with a mischievous glint and how he has a smirk on his face. 

"Everything." I pause unsure about what to say next, but surprisingly I find the words easily. "I think everything about her. Fuck! I think about her at least once a day. I don't know why but seeing her makes me feel..." I couldn't find the right word.

"Alive" Luke said as he got up and leaned against the door frame. 

"Exactly. She's just funny, but she can stand up for herself when she really needs to. Except lately she's been letting Savannah walk all over her. But whenever I see her smile, I feel happy especially when I'm the one who made her smile" I found myself unconsciously smiling. "I don't know what's going on anymore" 

"You like her...a lot" Luke says. I shake my head in disagreement. "Yeah you do. You may not want to believe it and I'm not sure why, but you do like her"

"I don't want to believe it because I don't deserve her..." I found myself choking on the last words. 

"Don't say that" 

"Why not?! Look at me! I have hurt her and I didn't even know how I truly felt about her!" 

"Austin you need to calm down" Luke says as he pushes himself off the door frame and takes a few steps towards me. I automatically stand up and confront Luke. "You need to sit back down and listen to me. After I leave Camila is going to have no one here. I need you to promise me that you'll either man up and confront your feelings for her or you'll be the friend she needs" I look at Luke and saw how serious he is. 

"Okay" 

"Thank you. Now about your feelings for her. What do you think?"

"I like her...a lot" I finally confess.