Chapter 19

"Do I flip it now?"

"Almost."

"Now?"

"No."

You tapped your fingers on the counter with slight annoyance. The pancake sat there on the pan cooking, and you've never been so annoyed in your life about food. Leon seemed to do it so well, making a perfect golden pancake each time. It took a few minutes for him to convince you to try your luck at cooking at least one pancake. It didn't look so hard, at least you told yourself that. "Now?"

"No."

You groaned, looking up at the ceiling. "This is hard!". You let out a small whine. Leon chuckled at your childish behavior, leaning against a counter with his arms crossed, watching you learn how to cook a pancake. He wondered if that's how his mother saw him, a small boy impatiently waiting to flip the pancake, to impress his mother that he could do something right. He didn't think of his child hood that much, it made him too nostalgic for his liking.

"Now?"

"Yeah."

You copied the movements you watched Leon do about seven times. Slid the spatula under, lift it and..flip!
You broke into a smile seeing the cooked side turned the perfect shade of crispy golden brown. "I did it!" You almost felt like jumping with excitement, but you stopped yourself, clearing your throat to get the childish behavior out of your system, not wanting to act so stupid over something so small. But I've NEVER made such a perfect pancake! I've never cooked them at all! That's pretty great, right?!

"Heh, yeah you did. Great job." You saw Leon smile at you, and it made the butterflies tickle in your stomach. "You probably think I'm childish, but I've never cooked pancakes before." You told him, casually leaning on the counter. Cooking was something that never came to your mind as a child, it was only educational school lessons you were taught. The more you thought of cooking, the more complicated it sounded. You weren't sure if you were up for that sort of skill. Not just yet. "It's fine. I think it's cute."

You looked away, a giggle slightly escaped your lips, the blush returning to your cheeks. "Very funny Leon." Another chuckle came from him. 

"By the way, what were you and Claire talking about earlier?"

"Oh, that. Well, after we got the body out, we were talking future plans. What would happen next, to all of us." He began to explain, you took the moment to make sure the other side of the pancake was cooked, before placing it on the plate aside the bacon strips that were cut. "And? What are the plans?" You looked at him, wondering the answer.

"Claire is leaving to find her brother. It'll just be us alone with Sherry."

You took a moment to process that in your head, placing the spatula down on the counter behind you slowly. You couldn't be angry with Claire, she had to go find her brother, but you were slightly disappointed she had to leave. If she left, then protecting Sherry would be much harder with just you and Leon. Instead of disappointment, worry and slight panic started to fill your head. "What about us?" You whispered, your panic began to express itself, your hands slowly balling into fists in front of you. 

"I already made a plan for us. Last night, I arrived here in my jeep not far from here. If we get to the jeep, we can get out of here."

"Leon, I don't think that's a great idea. I mean, jeep-car yes! Great! But, their could be undead everywhere, we don't have a lot of ammo either." You turned to him, seeing the emotionless expression that came up on his face. "I thought of that, but it's the only option we have."

"Leon, that's almost suicide."

"We're doing it (Y/N). Their's no other way."

You let out a small sigh of defeat, turning back to the plates in front of you. Worries continued to swarm your head, slightly causing a headache. Who knows how many undead are out there, you were positive you didn't have much left to fight with. You couldn't remember when you lost your Samurai Edge, your shotgun had no shells, and the machine gun had only two magazines. Your handgun only had five bullets, last time you checked. The worst of it all was the fact that Claire was leaving. She was much more of a caretaker for Sherry, but without Claire, trouble was bound to happen.