Chapter 17 : The sofa

"I feel like this is going to be difficult." Harry said, entering the bar.

"I feel that too."

"Yeah, you can't use violence now." Harry chuckled and I stare at him. Can he not understand the seriousness of the situation?

"You don't know my sister. She's the sensible one, she's the one with brains. I don't know how to handle her. She's probably going put some heavy words on me and I'll end up agreeing with her. This always happens." I explained it to him.

"Well, this is the time to change that." Harry said and then points at the only woman who isn't dressed here.

"Lilibee." I called her and she looks up.

She's wearing jeans and her night t-shirt. Her hair is up in a messy bun and she isn't wearing any makeup. A beer glass is on the table and she stares at it. She's smoking which is a shock to me because I didn't know about this.

"You're here. I was hoping you're also going to accompany us, Harry." She said.

"Well, it was important."

"Nonsense. Tell me, why did you take my car? I was looking for the keys everywhere. So, in the end I had to take dad's car."

"Dad's going to lose his shit when he gets this news."

Dad is so possessive over his car, sometimes I feel he loves the car more than us. I know he still remember the car's birthday and celebrate it every year.

"I don't care about that. Where were you?" She asked. Damn, she's strict when she's drunk.

Wait, a minute she shouldn't be drunk.

"I wanted to take Harry somewhere."

"Where?"

"To my favorite lake."

"Oh. How was it?"

"Beautiful."

"That's good." She nods.

"Harry, can I ask you something?"

"Sure, Lily. Anything." He said.

"What comes to your mind when you see me?" She asked. "It's a simple question, I don't like him in that way." She told him.

"You're elegant." He said.

"And?"

"And.." he thinks. "You're pretty."

"And?"

"And... and you're tall."

She starts laughing loudly making both Harry and I in this huge problem. We sit on the chair, because it was getting too awkward for us.

"Those are just very simple words, you know." She said. I stare at her cigarette and how it works.

"Lily, I think we need to talk about tomorrow."

"Do we? Can't I just have fun?"

"You had fun in your bachelorette party."

"But, I was drunk then."

"And you're drunk now too."

"Rubbish."

"Lily.. please talk to me." I plead.

"Taylor, I don't know if I want to marry Tyler."

"Why?" I ask.

"Because I've been only with him. I've never had any other men."