Chapter Three - A Socialist's Game

“Oh! Now now, it’s time for self-introduction!” Miss Welsie seemed like a spirited bird once again. She could hear the dread spread across the class.

“You start!” Miss Welsie pointed at the first girl in front of her.

A brown-haired girl stood up from her seat and looked at the class with her almond-shaped eyes. So quiet she seemed, but as a soft tender smile emerged, she was so friendly.

“Hello everyone, I’m Hazelle Kye.” Her voice was deep, yet sweet at the same time. She cast a soft glace around the class to everyone; her name was a perfect match for her – that pair of hazel coloured eyes were one of its kind. A dark deep hazel colour it was, yet it held that softness of a sweet brown.

One by one the forty students took their turn to stand up to introduce themselves, some after much persuasion from Miss Welsie. There was black-haired Diana Ellens, round-faced Josephine Madgens and the small-sized Macy Redgens. Then there were the Winter brothers, Nick and Jason.

Diana could be seen gazing at Jason throughout the lesson. The smile that he gave during his self-introduction was simply captivating, capturing the hearts of the girls around him. Even Hilary had to admit, he was quite a handsome guy but it was not her cup of tea.

When it was Rosaline’s turn, she stood up timidly and introduced herself so softly that the teacher could barely hear her name!

Last and finally, it was Hilary’s turn. The perky teen stood up with confidence and a wide grin clasped on her face, “Hi, everybody! My name is Hilary Dawn. You can call me either Hilary or just Hill, I don’t really mind!”

After Hilary sat down, everybody had to endure the pain of tolerating Miss Welsie's high-pitched voice once again.