Chapter Eleven - Think Back

Late at night a few days later, Hilary couldn’t sleep. She had been thinking too much to even sleep. Every time she closed her eyes, pictures of that day would surface in front of her eyes by itself.

The post-its she held on to, Diana’s announcement of her crying, the stares, the looks, the pain, the torture. She couldn’t go on. Then there was her trying her very best to keep her tears in and silence her sobs. Her head was kept down all that while. It seemed rather silent around her. People were just looking on to see what would happen. It was like this force, which was pulling everyone’s attention to her. Anybody who walked past seemed to be pulled into the circle of force, where their eyes would direct at Hilary in an instant.

Then the force was ripped apart by Jason Winter, the boy who saved her. He led her out of the corridor into this garden rooftop, where she tried her best not to cry. His comforting voice changed it all. He told her to cry it out, so she did.

Hilary could fell droplets of tears rolling out of the corner of her right eye just like that day. She heard that if the first tear comes from the right eye its happiness – seems not.

Walking around school ever since then, she has attracted stares and the weirdest looks from people around her. What was happening? Why do they keep staring at her?

She was being judged, wasn’t she? She didn’t know. It was the first time this was ever happening to her. She did not know what was going on.

And she was not dating Jason. Why did Jason say that – to let Diana give up on him? It was obvious Diana had a crush on him since the first day wasn’t it? Did Jason know? If so, why the more is Jason saying he was a couple with Hilary?

She had to know. She had to ask.