Chapter Five - Mistake? Or Maybe Not.

When the first day of school finally ended, Hilary bid farewell to Rosaline and dashed off. She could not care less about her hair looking all messy and the stack of books she seemed to be clutching her life on to. She had to see her locker – she never had one, in fact seen one except on the internet.

Hilary found her assigned locker within seconds. It was a top locker, which was labeled with the numbers 1322. First digit for first year or second year, second digit for the class one was in and the last two digits for the register number one held in class. Yes, Hilary was a Year One student in Class 3 who was Register 22.

Hilary was tossing her stack of books in when a few folded post-it notes on the inside of her locker door caught her attention. She looked around, only to see crowds of people chattering away.

Pink, blue and purple – the colours seemed to complement each other so well!

“Oh, it must be welcome notes from one of our friendly classmates! Who could it be? Diana? Or the sweetest girl I’ve ever met, Hazelle?” Thoughts sped through Hilary’s mind. “Ah, I should stop guessing and just open the notes!”

A wave of excitement overwhelmed Hilary as she opened the notes one by one. The smile on her face broke apart. The notes – they were each shocking her one after the other.

WEIRDO. FREAK. UGLY.

Taken aback, Hilary ruled it to be a case of mistaken identity, or was it?