29. A Quest To Amityville

The next morning I woke up in the dark. It was still dark outside, my phone said 4:30am.

I sat up and stuck my phone in my back pocket.

The hallway was completely empty and silent other than a slight thumping coming from down the stairs. It was light down there, and empty other than Jona playfully wrestling with one of the puppies.

"Hey." He said sitting up inside the corral. "Hi." I say quietly.

I can tell he knows, he doesn't look directly at me and I hate it. It's an act of pity and cowardice.

"I heard about.." He stopped and looked at me. I stepped into the cage careful to avoid the 5 white and gold puppies. "Ya." I say setting down next to him, a small puppy with a gold body and white patches climbs over my leg waging it's little tail.

"Are you gonna take one?" He asks cradling a purely gold puppy.

I puck up the patched one as it licks my finger. It's a girl and seems really sweet, She has little teeth that play with my pinkie.

"I like this one." I say quietly.

He nods.

"What are you doing up this early?" He asks climbing back over the corral to retrieve a plate of canned puppy food.

"I just woke up and thought I might go see Trinity." I say. The puppy snuggles up against my arm.

"She's asleep. Blaine just came through here." He says standing outside the corral.

I walk over it.

" I could remodel my room." I say smiling.

He rolls his eyes.

"All the rooms are grey and gross,I made mine Blue." He says glancing around.

"I think I'll make mine purple, get some furniture and set up camp." I say setting the puppy down smiling.

"You're just gonna leave this cutie here by himself?" He says petting the puppy's head.

"It's a girl." I said walking towards the hallway leading to the supply room.

"I meant me." He says smiling. He is constantly smiling.

I laugh as I walk down the dark hallway.

In the supply room I have to take a few moments to take in the space, before with Terra I was rushing to find good stuff. Now, I realize how many shelves their are.

20 isles up to the ceiling all categorized. I walk to the decoration section and pick up 2 cans of purple paint, paintbrushes, a black fuzzy rug, two night lights, and a little blanket for the puppy.

After getting a basket and loading it I move to the supplies section where I get one can of puppy food, a chew toy and food bowls.

I walk towards the door where Jenny is running the checkout stand. After checking the items it comes to a total of 10 coins. I pull out the 20 coins from my pocket, the ones Erin gave me.

I give her the coins and walk out to the Lobby, Jona is in the key booth as I grab my puppy.

"Bye!" I say walking past.

The room is cold-ish as I set the puppy on my bed. It squirms and squeals burying it's self in the blankets.

I open the paint and begin the long process of transforming this mess.

After all of the painting and puppy playing I decided it was time to get some things done. So I did what I do when I need to get things done, I made a list.

1) Get started at job.

2) Talk to Trinity

3) Talk to Ridley

4) Buy furniture

I could talk to Ridley while getting started on the job, buying furniture could wait. I decided it might be time to see Trin, she should be awake it was 7:40am.

I held the puppy in my arms as I pushed my phone and some notebooks into my backpack. I felt like I needed to work but I also wanted to write.

"Let's go puppy." I say walking down the stairs to the Lobby, then glancing around for Jona. The lobby is dark today and no one I recognize is I'm there so I walk directly to the infirmary. The puppy nuzzles my arm sleepily, I forgot Trinity isn't a dog person.

As I walk in I see Ridley sitting along Trinity's bed jotting down notes in a notebook. I walk over and sit in the stif blue chair by her bed. Ridley smiles slightly, only to seem Unsad.

"We're trading notes on the cure formula." Trinity said in a quiet scratchy voice. She is pail and her light skin reveals every vein in her eye socket as well as the purple discoloration surrounding her eyes. She looks weak, and I can tell from her manner she is not in as good of condition as I hoped.

"Ya. We both agree that the pairing of these antibiotics, vitamin supplements and a single dose of dead Mylandrial bacteria will reduce the effects of the infection." Ridley says as I hear Luna tapping on a laptop at her desk.

"Does she know?" I ask pointing slightly to Luna.

"She's my colleague's sister. They both have purple hair strangely enough." Ridley slides a map on top of the stack. Trinity hands it to me.

"This is a map of all of the hospitals and medical supply stores that contain the products we need. The closest one is 2 hours away in Amityville." Trin smiles, she is filled with a deadly infection that causes lung failure and kidney disease yet she still has the strength to make Divergent jokes.

"How do we get it?" I ask slightly confused.

Ridley rubs her thumb over the tattoo. The symbol for the Order of the Black Rays. "As a representative you take care of trading, maintaining piece between the groups, and matures of bargaining."

Trin looks lost in this department and Luna takes the opportunity to draw her blood, it is a dark burgundy.

" This is a matter of all of those. Ill arrange for a team to go with you. You'll go up there to the hospital, a group has housed their and we already okayed it, you'll trade them a number of coins for the vitamin supplements and Antibiotics." Ridley looks me in the eye as I attempt to take in the task of going for a 2 hour drive through enemy territory with a group of protectors who will undoubtably be under a false impression.

Trinity leans back on her pillow coughing slightly.

"Can you handle it?" she asks pleadingly . "I have to take care of my colleagues being held here. You'll meet them before you leave." She says.

"I'll go."