Chapter 20: "The Beauty and the Biker."

It had been two hours. Aaron and his sister left to check on the murder while Elias stayed behind, his mind was too busy processing the information he recently received, going with them was only going to be too intense. Plus his uncle was going to be there, he already has been in enough trouble, for now.

"I see you're still seeking answers."

Ely jumped out of his skin and turned to the door.

"Mrs. Blake!" he exclaimed. "My god you scared me." He leaned back in his chair and took a deep breath.

Mrs. Blake looked around the room as if to make sure they were alone then stepped closer "You were in profound thoughts."

"Yeah em-I'm taking a short break from all this," he looked down at the pill of books in front of him and smiled "You're not really his mom? Aaron I mean," The question kind of slipped out of his mouth without thinking.

"What gave you that idea?"

"You're Irish looking,  Aaron has blue eyes and black hair andhis 'sister' is a blonde with hazel eyes pfft there's no way they're yourchildren." Elias attempted a playful tone and then he realized what he just said, he braced himself for her reaction, but there was only silence followed by a humph.

"Impressive sene of observation, I can see why Aaron admires you. However," Mrs. Blake said adjusting the sides of her skirt "have you considered the chance that I might have adopted them?"

"Eh-m I might have took a slightly, you know," he tripped over his tongue "eh-no I did not."

"You are right they're not my children" She disclosed.

Elia frowned and shook his head "So you're not a demon?" his hair was sticking up at ridiculous angles like he had been running his hands through it. He looked concerned until Mrs. Blake nodded slowly.

"Anyways, demon or not it was very nice of you to, you know, agree with us middling in all this, Aaron says it's a pretty rare occasion."

"So is his interest in this affair," said Mrs. Blake advancing even closer toward him until she reached his side "You seem to encourage him in a lot of things." She sat there immobile.

"Wh-what do you mean?" he swallowed "I'm not obliging him to follow me, he's doing it on his own."

"I know, that is what I meant to say," Mrs. Blake gasped slightly "Before you I spent every morning trying to convince him to go to school or get a job, to fit in with the humans but all my effort were strenuous."

"Really? Then how come he was already there when I signed in?"

"Your sent, it's common for an Are to know his master's sent, no matter how far the distance between them."

Ely couldn't help to be hurt by the fact he didn't know that about him. "Yeah, common," he scoffed.

"He made friends with a girl recently; she was the one who informed him about you, where you lived and the classes you were taking."

"Emily? So that's the favor they were talking about that day." He realized.

"He's happy now I see. I never thought the bond that relates the Are to his master would be so strong after all this years." Mrs. Blake looked up at the boy not wanting to go into more details; she stared at him trying to gauge his thoughts.

A closed off book of course.

There was a silence that hung in the air around them. There were so many things they had to sort out. Ely didn't even want to think about it. He just wanted this day to end and go to sleep knowing everybody was safe and sound. Yet Aaron was far from being safe, he was out there looking through a murder while he just sat here chatting with his mother. Elias, and for the first time felt stupid, he breathed several times gathering his thoughts then nodded as if he was agreeing with himself "Yeah," he simply said completely deadpan "Um, I have to go," he stood up in a hurry "sorry."