Chapter6: "Awkward conversation"

"What time is it?" Aaron looked up his phone "Six am, why? You in a hurry Ely?"

Elias was sitting next to his car seat which made it so easy to reach and punched him in the shoulder.

"Ouch!" he giggled and flipped his phone shut shoving it into one of his pockets as they pulled up to a curb. He got out of the car quickly and gently opened the door for Elias.

"T-thank you." It felt weird, usually when a car pulls and the gentleman opens the door for the lady to step out, so where does that leave us? Elias asked himself. When he landed on the pavement behind, what now has become a gentleman, the blond stretched his body as Aaron locked the car behind them.

"Dude!"

"What?" Aaron started to look around behind him; there was nothing alarming about their surroundings.

"Is that Emily?" Elias squint his eyes, he was right Emily was there standing across the café he couldn't help but to walk toward her, she looked really good with her hair down, shades lighter spilling over her shoulders.

"Hi."

"Hi, they let you go pretty easily, must be great to be related to the sheriff." She said

"Well it's not that we did anything wrong." Aaron informed.

Elias let out a long sigh before he spoke "Still I don't think you and Brian should be alone at a time like this."

"Brian?" Emily asked, she hardly noticed he was standing behind the boys. He waved "That's me."

Aaron laughed "Waw I guess you're so small she haven't noticed you pretty boy." Brian glared at him, he did not like the nickname he just gave him, there was something about Aaron that irritated him so badly, not to mention that he only listens to Elias, the boy sharpened him and always brought him into focus.

"So what are you guys doing here?" she asked.

Elias scratched the back of his head "We couldn't find a place to discuss the previous events so-" he trailed off.

"Wanna come?" shot Brian.

"If you don't want to-"

"No it's ok, I'd like to."

Emily stepped inside the café with the boys behind her, it felt weird for her to be there again, the place was like a cell but at the same time it was safe since there were three boys there too and she knew it well.

"You okay?" Elias stated, cutting her train of thoughts.

"Yeah, I'm good." she whispered.

A waitress interrupted moments after, pointing at an empty table for them to sit on. A beautiful brunette with long hair and hazel eyes, her uniform fit her perfectly showing of the curves of her slim body. The girl looked at Brian who was tailing the boys on the back "I'll be right there with the menus." She flipped her hair and started to walk away.

"Great! now our table will be the center of attention, that's all we needed!" Aaron turned around glaring at the younger one who seemed very pleased.

"What? she was nice." Brian asked with the innocence and naivety that only a toddler should possess. Aaron rolled his eyes and shook his head. His response to Brian harnessed all of the sarcasm that he could muster from within himself.

"Nice? You realize that a woman old enough to be your mother just flirted with you?"

"No, she is not!"