21

We found a small campground for us to stay at and hide. We couldn't bothered being seen, I'm sure the news will get out soon that Niall's escaped and that I most likely was involved.

So that's it for us now, we can't turn back. The guys were setting things up while I fed the kids lunchables; eating a bit for me. I was still having contractions, but I was just hoping that nothing would happen; the moment they are 5 minutes apart I will tell the other boys.

"Harry." Louis started walking over to me, "Were moving our setup to an abandoned house, Niall and Liam are pretty sure that it'll be saver since there's wild animals out here which could harm the kids and when you give birth it needs to be inside. There's beds in it and couches and a lot of other things."

"There's probably a reason it's abandoned." I murmured.

"It's going to be fine. Come on." Louis picked up Caleb, holding him tightly. I just sighed and picked up Maya, holding Atticus' hand and walking with Louis to the house. "Niall wants you to go upstairs and rest; we got the kids." Liam came over to me taking away the kids.

I sighed and walked towards the stairs.

The stairs ahead were twisted in a perfect spiral, like a child's slinky toy pulled from each end. Each stair was likely a deep walnut, but with the thick layer of undisturbed dust it was hard to tell.

The inner edge was painted antique cream, and when I disturbed the dust layer the paint was quite perfect underneath; no dirt and no flaking or dents. It was as if it was  perfect one day and abandoned the next, just like the rest of the world. So where were the skeletons?

Or if still alive, why didn't anybody take their clothes or possessions? I let my hand fall onto the black iron rail, rough in it's rustic charm and placed my weight on the first step. There was no creak or sign of rot, they were as solid as the day they were made. I walked swiftly to the top, leaving my shoe prints behind.

I went to a door; quietly opening it, inside was a bedroom.

The room contained a small bed, neatly made, two straight-backed chairs, a washstand, a bureau--without any mirror--and a small table.

There were no drapery curtains at the dormer windows, no pictures on the wall. All day the sun had been pouring down upon the roof, and the little room was like an oven for heat. As there were no screens, the windows had not been raised. A big fly was buzzing angrily at one of them now, up and down, up and down, trying to get out.

After examining the room, I felt it; a contraction that was less than five minutes after the other one; it hit me harder than the last and I let out a small yell. Soon enough I heard footsteps running into the room.

I was laid down as the contractions kept taking course in my body; making me yell and scream, I grabbed for Niall hand; not even caring that Louis was also in the room as they pulled off my clothes.

The hours went by quickly,  yet the felt deathly slow; and then I had to push, it was so painful, I took deep breaths as I kept going. Then a small cry filled the room.

I panted as Niall took our baby and Louis helped me back into my clothes. "She's so beautiful." I heard Niall's voice, it was kind of a whisper.

She? That means it's a girl. Another girl, I looked at Niall with our daughter and smiled.

"Go to sleep okay, we'll figure something out." Niall came up to me and whispered as he kissed my head, then went back to shushing the little baby in his arms. 

I felt my eyes tire and I started to go to sleep.