9) Michael Jones

Michael felt very happy about having being part of a team to help aid the injured and put the dead at peace. They had been once round everyone, including his own family. Some women had braved the smoke and fire to find rations for everyone and so it was relief that everyone was being given hot drinks and a packet of crisps each. Each dead person had been covered with a blanket and had been moved away from the living. Some relatives had stayed with them, including Aaron Rose who was sleeping with his wife beside him. It was heartbreaking to watch the pain there. A lifetime of happiness torn away.

"Take a break, guys. I'm going to go deal with a few important cases. Make sure you all eat." Jerry said as he walked off to the two pregnant young ladies.Michael took a coffee off one of the kind ladies, thanked her then joined his family. Katie was awake now with a bump to her head. She had been cut with glass from the window but Jerry had dealt with the tiny shards and she was stitched up and bandaged up now. She had been knocked out during this so there had been no pain for her, much to Michael and Lily's relief. Peter was fine too, just quite pale from the stress. Lily was fine, just concerned about her children and willing to help when she could. All of them had marks on their palms,including Michael himself. Peter's was A.S. 5:47. (Alive and in Shock), Lily's was A. 5:50, and Katie's was KO.I.A 5:40 (Knocked out,Injured and Alive). Michael himself had an A but no time. It was a quite smart system. Michael felt quite relieved. He watched Jerry now walking through the victims, talking to some, helping others. Jerry seemed the most concerned about the children who were parentless, the pregnant women (there were three total) and the Jane and John Does who had not awoken yet. It was half past six and it wasn't looking good for them.

Now Michael was sitting down with his family, Lily had saved him a packet of Walkers Crisps so he munched on this while he picked up on the conversations around him. Train staff were few and the reason was suspected that they had been caught in the fire. It was not really a nice thought especially as the fire continued to glow, sending out a cry for help to anyone nearby. Mobiles had no signal in this area and radios were out. The driver of the train was nowhere to be seen.

"I suggest everyone should catch some sleep. We're not moving tonight." Jerry called out to everyone. There was a murmur of people chatting and people settling in. Lily had Peter and Katie lying down on the floor covered with their blankets. Katie was still clutching her dolly. Lily said a story to them, something about a magical castle and a princess who wanted jelly. Michael thought his wife had a crazy imagination but at least it came in handy for bedtime. Michael watched as his children fell asleep.

"What do you think will happen to Tiffany?" Lily asked quietly. She looked worried and Michael didn't blame her but he thanked his lucky stars that Tiffany's school had put up such a big fight about the family visit to Lily's father and mother. Tiffany had been in school today, she had not been touched by this apart from now... Her parents not being there at home to feed her.

"With any luck, she's called my mother. Mum's only around the corner." Lily nodded and closed her eyes, sighing softly. There was a soft whistle in the air and Michael looked around for the source, to see Jerry beckoning him over. Michael stroked Lily's cheek and got up. He walked over to where they were knelt down by the schoolgirl, Bethany.

"She's waking up."Jerry explained as she opened her eyes.