13) Michael Jones

Lily was still awake, the children were still fast asleep so Michael introduced Bethany. Lily took to Bethany in the way only a mother could. Lily spoke about where they lived and her other children and Katie's birthday party that was planned for two week's time and so many other things.Michael worried that Lily may be a little insensitive at times but Bethany never seemed to complain, in fact she volunteered information but did not talk about such a bad past or even the horrific present she was in. She just talked. Suddenly Bethany yawned and Lily smiled softly.

"You should get some sleep."

"You can sleep here if you like." Michael told Bethany.

"Okay." Bethany nodded and she lay down near Lily. Lily smiled and covered Bethany with her blanket.

"Sleep well." Lily murmured. Michael stood up and beckoned to Lily. Lily got up and they walked some way away from the rest of the survivors but still within sight. Michael saw Jerry with another Jane Doe, waking up confused and scared.

"What's up?" Lily asked.

"Bethany is an extremely messed up girl. She is living by herself because her mother is dead and she has no father. She's bullied, she's been raped and she's been self harming for an extremely long time. I don't even know if it's possible that she can still be a young girl." Lily nodded.

"I understand."

"We just need to be careful of what we say to her is all." Lily smiled, knowing her husband well.

"You care for her don't you?"

"You know my own childhood." Michael shrugged. Lily nodded and took her husband's hand.

 "I know. I'm sure she'll get the help she needs. With the right authorities then...Maybe." They both looked back to Bethany who was falling fast asleep.