Author's Note

It was a very weird story to write, this one... The characters are all extremely different and some of them you can relate to I suppose.

Aaron Rose is our elderly character who has a quite minimal role in this story. He is deeply devoted to his wife who passes away in her sleep. So it is with a broken heart and the lingering memory of when Mary became his wife that Aaron passes away too. 

Samantha Roberts is a woman who is in a long lasting relationship with her boyfriend Jack but feels guilty and devastated due to being pregnant to someone else. Her miscarriage is extremely sad and was quite tricky to tackle considering how it is such a sensitive topic among women. Samantha then struggles to try and recover from this when the people around her are either children, parents or in Terri's case, pregnant and already a mother. So it was a bit of a relief to have Jack's support through such a devastating time.

Bethany Hart is someone I can personally relate to. Bethany has quite a harsh childhood with her bipolar mother who commits suicide, leaving Bethany to the hands of a relative and a rapist. This was another tricky thing to consider because Bethany is extremely underage at the raw age of just eleven years. However, unfortunately this does happen a lot in families. I didn't linger on this story line because Bethany was a victim of this and could not handle the memories. I also knew this part would be quite triggering to victims and did not want my story to be based on depression. Bethany however reaches the heart of someone, a complete stranger.

Michael Jones is a family man who is in a happy marriage with three children. Michael can relate to Bethany in a few ways. First of all, although it is not mentioned, Michael's eldest has epilepsy too. As well as this, Michael also had a tricky childhood where he was put through the Foster Care System and struggled due to not having a stable home. He really relates to Bethany and is one of my own favourite characters for how he handles the harsh background of Bethany. He thinks of his own children when he sees Bethany and sees himself, making him quite protective of the girl who was on the pathway to self destruction. So things go happy for Bethany and Michael too.

Jerry Foster can be seen as the true hero in the story as he steps up immediately, taking over charge. Jerry is a doctor which also tends to help. Without Jerry, the book would definitely have been more chaotic! 

Everyone has their own past and their future to come. Sometimes a tragedy can help a whole bunch of strangers to pull together and support one another despite different pasts and different futures. It's amazing really how humanity can do this, not just in fictional books but in real life too.

****The characters are entirely fictional, the storyline is entirely my own and no offence is attended to any person who may have been or has suffered similar tragedies to these.****