8) Aaron Rose

"Please Doc... Please help my wife. She won't wake up." DR Foster looked up from writing on a woman's palm. He nodded and walked over.

"Hello there Mr...?"

"Rose." Aaron said miserably.

"Mr Rose. I'll check your wife." He said as he placed his fingers by Mary's neck. He counted quietly to himself while the small group around him waited.Aaron waited too, holding Mary's hand. DR Foster checked the pulse again by Mary's wrist. He then listened for her breathing then opened her eyes and examined them with a torch. He sighed softly.

"I'm so sorry Mr Rose.Mrs Rose has passed away." Aaron's heart twisted. He had never felt his heart break before and this was a painful thing to hear.

"But... But..."

"I'm so sorry... Can I check your ankle? Is it still hurting?" Aaron's eyes filled with tears. He shook his head, not saying no to the question but in denial.

"But... She was fine..." DR Foster wrote on Mary's palm a single letter and then took Aaron's hand and wrote two letters and the time. Aaron didn't move, he just held his wife's hand in his own free one.

"I'll be back in awhile, Mr Rose. I'll give you some time." Aaron sobbed, holding Mary close to him. He closed his eyes tightly, tears pouring down his cheeks.

She was beautiful.Aaron smiled as her father placed Mary's hand in his own, kissed Mary on the cheek and took his own seat. Mary was wearing a white dress,with a poofy skirt and lace layers, a corset bodice with gems and diamonds and poofy sleeves. She clutched her white rose bouquet with white lace gloves. Aaron himself was starstruck by her beauty. Her make up was flawless, her blonde hair curled to perfection and that veil covering her face, held in place by a crown of white ribbon.

The priest was speaking welcome, an introduction but Aaron felt his ears being stuffed with cotton wool. Or maybe that was an excuse and he just didn't care about what the priest had to say. He couldn't move his eyes from Mary's face. Mary saw him looking and blushed, looking back to the priest but a smile crept across her face which in turn made him smile too. He had never felt so happy and at peace with the world.