8 ~ Bad Dreams

A/N 😁
Artist?^^
Sorry guys, my goal was to write & publish a chapter everyday. Now I'm just gunna try to write a bit of a chapter a day.
———————————————

★★—Hermione—★★

The week went by fast. Now it was Sunday, meaning tomorrow was Monday again. Back to day 1. I was kind of excited, because most of the subjects were my favourites. The exchange students were being weirder than ever, and Harry was acting arrogant, which is completely out of his character.

As much as Annabeth seems to be beating my character, Percy seems to be doing the same to Harry. I'm keeping my cool, Annabeth and Percy don't mean to be hurtful, but they are. Like they're unaware they're treading on our toes, and I'm not doing anything while Harry's boasting that he's better than that. I guess it's his reflex, but it seems to have taken over him. A new drive.

I don't think Ron has noticed. He hasn't been around Harry much. Not that he's trying to avoid him, but he's spying on the exchange kids. So the whole groups been split up: because of the exchange students. And the only times we've really talked: talking about the exchange students.

But I've been believing Rons suspicions even more. They new kids are even stranger than you can imagine. There's this... aura, I guess you could say, around them. All us Wizards have them. The weakest Wizards have the weakest auras, and the strongest Wizards.... well it's kind of obvious. Ron, Harry and I have the strongest in our grade. But due to the war, the whole schools auras have become more powerful.
How do I know? You might ask. Well, it's kind of like a sense, but you have to be really close. Even front of the classroom verse back of the classroom is to far to realize a Wizards power, unless they're extremely strong. Which I mean is stronger than Harry and Dumbledore, which is impossible.
Or so I thought.

I could sense the new kids auras from a carriage away on the train. I thought it was the surrounding Wizards at first, messing my senses, but when they turned up at the door, I could tell it was them. I didn't bother mentioning it to the others, aura sensing is a rare talent, like parsel tongue, yet not that despised. The Americans though, didn't feels like Wizards, or fully Wizards. They felt, I don't know, half-human.

I racked my brain. Vampires? Definitely not.
Werewolves? No, the full moon was last night and I did not hear any howling, unless they were on wolves bane, which I doubt because they're not really in Snapes "good books"
Mermaids? No tail.
I started to think about what Annabeth said and laughed. She seemed to be smart, but she was like Luna: she'll believe anything that is not proven fake.
I remembered about my essay. I received an 'O' of course, but I couldn't understand why. They're fake! Then I thought about what Harry said a week ago ('bout a week ago 😉) about the exchange students being Demigods. It adds up, but puh-lease!
Banshee? Yes! Maybe that was it. Banshees are like half ghost, so maybe that's why Nico could touch the ghosts. He's half Banshee!
I don't know about the others, but my train of thought was ruined by two annoying people.

"HERMIONE! Are you listening?" Ron said, clicking in my face.

"No sorry." I said. I won't mention Banshees until I read up, to make sure everything is correct.

"Ron and I said we wrote a list on the Americans, we wanted you to read it to see if anything is missing, or normal. And knowing you, spelling mistakes." I rolled my eyes as Harry passed me the paper:

Weird things about the Americans.
- they don't know much about magic
- they use weird nicknames like:
• Leo: flame boy & repair boy.
• Percy: Prissy, Seaweed Brain & Kelp head/face
• Annabeth: Wise girl
• Jason: Sparky & Superman
• Thalia: Pinecone Face
• Clarisse: War princess & Girly
• Piper: Beauty Queen
• Hazel: Witch Girl & Gem Girl
• Frank: Chinese-Canadian Baby Man & Beast boy
• Nico: Death Breath & Ghost King.