Chapter 1 The Chosing Ceremony

Elena's Point of View

Today was my day, the day I either chose to stay in Abnegation with my abusive father, Marcus Eaton, or I can chose a new faction. Although my Aptitude test results were Eurdite and Dauntless making me a Divergent like my brother Tobias and my best friend Beatrice Prior. I might stay in Abnegation though because even though my father is abusive, after all he is my father and I can't deny that.

* Chosing Ceremony *

After all the leaders of the factions had finished their speeches, it is time for us to chose to either go with our new faction or say with the one we were born into. I didn't really hear many names because I was to worried about what faction to chose and to make sure it is the best choice because I do not want to end up faction less. I finally heard my name and I automatically had all the attention in the room on me. Honestly its a bit nerve racking to have and 1500 or more people looking at you at once. Beatrice who was sat on my right nudged me to make sure that I was in fact still alive and paying attention. I then slowly walked up to the center of the stadium we are in and slowly took the knife, cut my hand and placed it over the Eurdite bowl.