Chapter 2 My New Faction

Elena's Point of View

As I slowly put my hand over the Erudite bowl I thought of my future and if I should be Smart and Wise like the Erudite, Giving and Compassionate like the Abnegation or Brave and Strong like the Dauntless. But right before my blood dripped into the Eurdite bowl I moved it to the Dauntless bowl. A choice I will never regret. But little did I know my best friend Beatrice and brother Tobias had made the same choice I did and that is to become a Dauntless.

*After The Ceremony *

All of us Dauntless were running, shoving and shouting at people to move. It was actually quite funny to see the reaction on some of the people who are in other factions faces. They looked almost disturbed by us treating them and acting like this. But I didn't care I was happy and when I saw my best friend Beatrice was in Dauntless I was even happier. Neither one of us really paid any attention to the Ceremony so we didn't know that we are in the same faction. I just kept running with the other Dauntless' it felt good, the wind in my hair, the sun shining down on me, it was pure perfection. Until I realized that we have to climb 12 feet in the air to catch the train that will take us to the Dauntless compound. So I climb and I ran to cathedral the train but Beatrice needed some help, so I helped her on the train but she fell on another girl who I assume isn't Dauntless-born because she isn't wear the colour Black like most Dauntless do. She introduces herself as Christina but tells us to call her Chris. As we were waiting for more instructions on how to get to the Dauntless compound we heard people yelling that the others had jumped off the train onto a nearby building. Chris, Beatrice and I were all a bit shocked as to the fact that they were jumping but anything you have to do to become a Dauntless. Right? So we jumped and as soon as I landed I felt a small amount of pain in my chest because I had gotten the wind knocked out of me. But when I looked up I saw someone who I have never seen before but he was so Intimidating looking but he also looks like he would be sweet if you could get past the walls that he build up around his heart.