prologue

Sky P

Sky P.O.V

It was dark outside. I was sitting on the steps outside our house waiting for my older brother to come home, cause our father was home and drunk. I didn't want to be alone with him. My brother Luke is two years older than me and he takes care of us cause our father doesn't. Our father was a drunk and whatever money he got he would Spend it on Alcohol. Our mother died last year from cancer.

Our mother loved us a lot and when she found out that me and Luke where different she didn't care she told us that we're special because we're different. Me and Luke are different from everyone we have this gift that we have to keep a secret. Luke and I are mutant.

Luke can teleport and move things with his mind. I can make Force field, Energy blasts and orbs and move things with my mind to. When our mom found out that we were mutants was when I was 11 and Luke was 13.

She told us that we couldn't tell anyone about our gifted not even our father but now that we are older we understand why she told us that. I was brought out my thoughts by somebody sat next to me. I saw the black leather jacket out of the corner of my eye and knew it was my brother. " what are you doing out here?" He asked me. Luke has always been there for me taking care of both of us. Even when I was little and had a nightmare I would always go to Luke's room not our parents.

" Dads home and I didn't want to be alone with him." I told him. When our father's drunk he's violent. He's never hit us let but we know we had to be careful around him. Luke put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer to him. He was about to say something but before he could the front door opened and our father came out and walked passed us. "Where are you goimg?" Luke asked him.

Our father stopped and turned a little bit. " none of your bussines boy." He told Luke and started walking again. Luke removed his arm from my shoulder and got up from the steps and walked a little closer to our father. "Maybe you should stay in tonight." Luke Said to him. I had no idea what he was doing.our father turned around and walked to him. "You don't get to tell me what to do boy." He told Luke and pushed him down. Luke got back up. "How about you stay in tonight and save a little bit of money so we can keep our house!" Luke yelled at our father. Our father face turned red then he punched Luke in the face making Luke fell down, our father started to kick him.

I stood up from the steps and ran to them to get him to get him to stop kicking Luke. When I try pulled our father away from Luke he slapped me on the face and then shoved me down. "Stay out of this you little bitch!" He yelled at me and started to kick Luke a again. I was glaring at our father getting madder and madder at him then all of the sudden he flew backwards and landed on the ground hard.

Luke got up from the ground and ran over to me and pulled me up and grabbed my arm and started running down the street. We ran down a alley and stopped cause we were far from our house. I started crying cause it was my fault that we are running. "I am so sorry Luke I didn't mean to do that to him." I told through my crying. Luke pulled me into a hug to try and calm me down. "No it wasn't your fault." He told me as he pulled back from the hug and took my face in to his hands so I was looking at him.