05 | A Night Gone Wrong

[05 | A Night Gone Wrong]

🌜🌕🌛

Isla's heart pounds with the beat, and she thinks it's been too long since she's felt like this. She's getting drunk with her friends while Dalia keeps an eye on them being the only one sober and Theodore sits there, looking like every girl's dream boy with his tousled chocolate brown hair and twinkling green eyes. He looks like he's having a good time, or maybe it's just the alcohol in her system but she knows she's not that drunk to not recognize his gaze that lingers on her as she dances to the rhythm of another song. The feeling is exhilarating, and Isla doesn't think before she marches to where he's sitting, grabs his hands and drags him to the dance floor.

Theodore's body is stiff, and his arms are glued to his sides. Isla stops her dancing for a minute to stare at his discomfort in amusement.

"You know, I'm perfectly content with sitting there just watching you have fun." Theodore yells in her ear.

Isla leans back and laughs, "No one can dance alone, that's the first rule of clubbing." She takes his hands and places them around her waist while she inches closer to his chest. The height difference between them is still there because she's in her combat boots, but right now Isla uses it for her advantage when she slowly sways her hips and moves even closer to him. "Relax, and just enjoy the music. Dance with me." She whispers in his ear.

At this point, Theo's heart is in his throat and he doesn't think he can do much but do as told. It's slow and awkward at first, but then his body relaxes and after two vodka shots, his body is buzzing and he's careless, carefree and wild. He has one hand on Isla's waist and the other thrown in the air as they jump together and sing and laugh to the lyrics a little too loudly.

Isla can only think of how perfect her idea had turned out. Earlier tonight, she came up with the idea of taking Theodore out to celebrate finishing his first week of school. He has been doing so well lately, even getting along with her friends and meeting new people himself. Maybe to someone else it wouldn't have been much of a big deal but Isla was extremely proud of Theodore for trying and when she felt strongly for a person, Isla tended to show her feelings clearly.

So she got up from her bed and texted Amir, Sam, Mason and Dalia the plan. It was extremely hard for her to hold her tongue and not blurt out the entire surprise to Theodore when she called him, telling him he needed to get ready and wear something nice.

He was hesitant at first, just like how she expected he would be since social outings freaked him out but Isla had assured him it would only be their small group of friends and that she wasn't going to force him into going out if he didn't want to. But he eventually agreed and she helped him pick his outfit for tonight which consisted of a black button up shirt with some tight black pants and a pair of white worn out converse. Everything about him looks perfect tonight and Isla has to remind herself that she has tried the whole friends with benefits thing before and it didn't exactly end well. Besides, the attraction she feels to Theodore is perfectly normal, considering he is an attractive boy and she had never denied herself the pleasure of appreciating beautiful things before.