07 | Romeo & Juliet Reincarnations

[07 | Romeo & Juliet Reincarnations]

🌜🌕🌛

Never before has Isla seen Theodore so disoriented in the time she's known him and it's both amusing and shocking at the same time. Her initial response to seeing him passed out on her front porch after he had rang their bell for more than three times is to laugh. Then she calls Wren to help her haul Theodore up and get him into the empty house, certain that a passed out teenage boy on their doorstep is not a sight her parents would like to see after a long day of work.

It takes great effort from both of the sisters to drag him all the way to Isla's bedroom where they close the door shut behind them and flop down on the bed next to a passed out Theodore, panting for breath. Theodore isn't exactly the skinniest boy out there even if it doesn't show much because of his lean and slender body. But from what Isla could say from the plenty videos and pictures he sends her on Snapchat often, is that it's safe to say that the boy has been working out greatly lately and his slightly toned muscles and broad shoulders are proof of that.

"So I'm not going to even ask what's happened to him," Wren starts in a bored tone, staring at her freshly manicured nails. "but I'll just say this; good luck and you're on your own."

She's on her way out of the room when Isla stops her. "We're sisters! You have to help me! What am I supposed to do?"

"Isla, you have a passed out boy in your bedroom and it's not even noon yet. There is no way out of this if mom and dad find out and frankly, I don't wanna be there when it happens." Wren deadpans, she turns her back and walks out of the bedroom but not before wiggling her fingers at her older sister in mock goodbye. It makes Isla tick and she raises her middle finger in the direction of where her sister was just standing not a few minutes ago.

The clock next to her bed says three in the afternoon which means her mom, an accountant in an insurance company, is due home in about half an hour whereas her father is expected to arrive in an hour from now if there was no road rush. Normally, Isla would pray for her parents to come home early so she could have lunch after her long, tiring day at school. They were one of those families who did not eat a single meal if the entire family members weren't seated around a proper table. It was both heartwarming and annoying to say the least.

Isla slaps Theodore a few times and frantically calls his name but to no vail. It startles her a little at first and then when she keeps calling his name only to receive no answer, she starts checking for his pulse. The rise and downfall of his chest indicates he's breathing normally but it doesn't settle Isla's nerves still. So she brings her ear down to his chest, just to hear his heartbeat against her ear to make her a little more at ease.