13 | Conflicts and Hidden Secrets

[13 | Conflicts and Hidden Secrets]

🌜🌕🌛

It's the end of November when Theodore finally starts to get back to his old self.

But Isla knows it will never be the same anymore. After the Halloween incident, Theodore has had trouble socializing or talking to anyone properly. He had even isolated himself from all of their group of friends and skipped school for an entire week. He even attempted to shut her out too, except she wasn't going to give up easily and didn't stop checking up on him until he finally spilled to her what's been going on with him.

Not only has the assault left him questioning himself but it has also planted the fear in him that someone out there hated him this much. That he wasn't safe no mater what, and that for some unknown reason he managed to anger members of the basketball team. After all, when the police had known the basketball team had something to do with the attack, they decided to take them all into questioning only to come out with no valuable information. Even Mason being the captain of the basketball team had tried as well, even threatening kicking those people he calls his teammates out of the team.

Eventually, the attack hasn't been investigated into anymore.

Isla reckons if Theodore hasn't been so shaken up by the whole ordeal, he would've took matters into his own hands and lead his own - possibly successful - investigation. Except he still is, and deeply so.

What makes matters even worse is that his relationship with his dad is even far more worse and tense now that it has ever been. And all because of her little existence in his life. She would be doing them both a favor if she disappeared for a while but then again, she knows in her heart that she could never turn down Theodore's offers of hanging out.

Which leaves her to where she currently is, in a filthy school bus that smells like Cheetos and rotten tacos where she could instead be hiking or camping or even skydiving for God's sake. She could be getting into another hobby or doing something useful that she actually enjoys instead of accompanying a bunch of bored, lame students on a field trip to a science lab.

Except she isn't accompanying them or anyone, she has come for Theodore to give him the support he needs after going somewhere else other than the school for the past three weeks and a half. Initially, she wasn't going to come deeming the thing too boring for her liking except for when Dylan had approached her yesterday morning to change her mind.

She was hanging up posters and handing flyers about the new art club that she's just been upgraded in to be Vice President. And such position means that she gets to have some say in a lot of things, like whether or not the arts club should only be restricted to painting and drawing or if it should be open to all sorts of arts and creativity. She has, of course, chosen the latter and her choice has proven to be quite successful by the countless number of people signing up their names for the club up until Dylan showed his face.