06 | A First to Everything

[06 | A First to Everything]

🌜🌑🌛

Theodore grabs her hand and pulls her in his direction. She slams back into the wall, the cold metal of the ladder digging against her chest painfully.

The wind blows more forcefully now, making her short skirt flutter between her thighs, and the sensation sends a chill through her skin. Whether it's from the cold or from the adrenaline coursing through her veins, she doesn't have time to contemplate it before Theodore is latching onto her arms and pulling her up into his bedroom.

When Isla's feet hit the floor of his bedroom, Theodore pushes her shoulders back and pinnes her against the wall. The scent of his aftershave hitting her full force at their proximity. His hands shake a little as he runs his fingers through his slightly damp hair and Theodore takes a deep breath, closing his eyes and opening them again after a few moments.

"A-are you ok-okay?" He stutters, his breaths coming out short and Isla doesn't think before she wraps her arms around his bare waist and holds him tight.

"I'm okay, I'm okay. Everything's okay just.. breathe Theodore." His tense muscles slowly relax and he leans into her. They stay there holding each other for a few more minutes before Theo pushes her hastily away.

Isla is about to ask him what's wrong when she notices the way he's trying to cover his naked chest with his hands and his red flushed face. She almost laughs at his embarrassment and tells him that she has seen plenty naked boys but he sprints in the direction of his private bathroom before giving her a chance to do so.

She doesn't have to wait for Theo too long, because he comes out almost immediately dressed in plaid flannel pajama pants and a simple grey shirt that makes the color of his eyes stand out more.

"Hey, I'm sorry. I didn't really mean to scare you like that but if it's any consolation, I think you have a gorgeous ass. Very model worthy if you ask me." Isla says, trying to lighten the mood when she notices his closed off expression.

Theodore chuckles which makes Isla smile, feeling slightly better. "You think? I wouldn't have guessed so from your horrified expression."

A painful, awkward silence engulfs them. And for the first time since they've become friends, neither of them know what to do about it. They've never had a serious fight before and Theodore usually counts on Isla to do the first move in all situations but this time he doesn't mind apologizing first if it means that things can go back to normal between them. He doesn't like the awkwardness and he would be damned if he let something as stupid as his jealousy and crush over her ruin things between them. So he makes up a lie, covering his real feelings and masking them for something else.