☾☼one ☼☽

somo bad chick
don't need a man to
         make it home.

back in fifth grade

ava, mila and audrey sat excitedly in their treehouse as they hatched their 'master plan' for ava to 'ask out' her crush, finn wolfhard. ava couldn't tell you at that time why she liked him, or the point of 'asking him out' considering in the fifth grade it was nearly a title with no meaning. but he was a apart of ava's plan and she was going through with that today.

"hi finn," she smiled.

"hi aves!" he cheered, excited to see her considering at this age it was rare to be talking to the opposite gender.

"i have a dare for you!" she sung.

"ha! i've never turned down a dare!" he spoke proudly.

"i dare you to go out with me," she stated, making finn's face get hot. he didn't want to, but he also didn't want to be mean to her, so instead of answering, he just backed up a few steps before turning and running to his friends. he didn't what else to do.

ever since that day they never spoke unless they needed to, they kept themselves away from each other and looked in opposite directions when the other was near. that is, until finn auditioned for stranger things and was called away for filming. then ava was free of him.

end of eighth grade.

ava and her two best friends were out at the beach since it was the first week that it was warm enough to do so without freezing. it was a tradition of theirs, ever since they became genuine friends at the beach on the first weekend they could. and they haven't gone a year without.

"aren't we just the cutest?" mila awed, admiring us all in her phone camera. ava looked up, covering her face after seeing it on the screen. audrey laughed, posing with a cliché peace sign.

"move your hand, you beautiful asshole!!" audrey yelled, pushing away my hand.

"no," she frowned, thinking she looked bad. "i look really ugly."

"oh my god, stop!" mila groaned.

"okay, ava, you are literally one of the most gorgeous people on the planet and it hurts so bad that you don't see that. at least let other people," audrey ranted, as she usually did. ava constantly got this rant from her friends but for some reason unknown, it never made much of an impact to the image of herself. which wasn't good.

"fine." she grunted, posing with audrey and mila, even though she felt she ruined the photo completely. "let's take one on mine." she said, wanting to post it. they posed again and ava hit post after tagging them.

many likes poured into her notifications, along with a few comments. none of which she paid attention to, since she didn't care.

"look how high the waves are!!" audrey squealed, rushing into the icy water, making mila and ava giggle.

"i'll go with her." mila laughed, getting up and dusting the sand off her legs and following audrey into the bright blue water. ava leaned back on the beach towel, grabbed mila's phone and looked through her notifications.

finnwolfhardofficial y'all are hot asf now dayum😍😍

ava looked away, cringing at that. she was disgusted by that. he saw them and his first thought was that they're 'hot'.

after he got famous and ava, mila and audrey had connections directly to him, they had some real dirt on the famously 'innocent' boy. including the fact that he was quite a fuckboy. which disgusted all three of them, but especially ava.

she continued through, replying to a few of the comments and such. until suddenly a colourful beach ball came in way of her. she picked it up and searched for where it came from, but a dark-haired boy came up, solving that riddle for her. and what kind of cliché story would this be if it was anyone but finn wolfhard.

"i didn't realize you guys were at this beach." he grinned, picking up the ball for himself.

"i wish we weren't now." she mumbled under her breath. "yeah, we come here every year." ava smiled, attempting to be polite to him.

"oh?" he questioned, sitting down next to ava, making her hold back a sigh. "why's that?"

"it's a tradition. we became good friends here." she explained, motioning to mila and audrey out on the water. he nodded, following along with the short story.

"it's too bad we never became good friends as kids." he sighed, acting as if he never embarrassed the fuck out of her.

"wonder why." she said quietly.

"i see you remember the whole 'incident' thing, huh?" he laughed.

"i don't think i could forget it, wolfhard."

"y'know i'm sorry about that. i was really young and stupid. if i could go bac-" he began to apologize.

"it's okay, finn." ava interrupted.

"you forgive me?"

"i don't hate you for that, finn. i never did."

"but you hate me?" he asked, not following along with her reasoning.

"i don't trust you. you have a bad image and i'd rather stay away from that." she explained, just wanting him to leave.

"what do you mean?"

"you make girls fall for you. constantly. then all of a sudden they're just another fan of yours. rejected."

"you are still mad about fifth grade!"

"i never said i wasn't, finn. of course i'm angry that i was rejected. it hurts."

"but i said i was sorry." he attempted to reason with her.

"it takes a hell lot more than 'sorry' sometimes, wolfhard."

"how do you even know this is true? it could be a rumor."

"i still have friends from fifth grade. i'm loyal, unlike some people."

"like who?" he asked, thinking he beat her, sitting back and crossing his arms smugly.

"amelia. remember her? probably not, she remembers you. you took her on a date, made her feel like you cared. but you didn't."

"that was once, and she just wasn't my type. i didn't want to hurt her."

"then there's ginger," she continued "she gave you her first kiss. you took it, of course, and almost never talked to her again."

"you've got more, don't you?"

"yup."

"okay, yes. i'm an idiot. is that what you were looking for?"

"no." she scoffed, shaking her head. "i don't think you're getting this. i'm not looking for anything. you are. i don't want to get hurt. okay?"

"who says you're gonna get hurt?"

"finn, i don't want you. get over yourself." she finished.

"no. give me a chance." he stated, not a request.

"give you a chance to break me? don't think so, wolfhard." she said, pulling out her phone once again.

"please," he pleaded, taking her hands into his. "a chance to prove i can change." he said, pressing a slow kiss onto the top of her hands.

"fine." she said, realizing he wouldn't leave her alone until he got a 'chance'. she was sure it would go just as it did with everyone else, and she wouldn't let it end as it did with everyone else. that was a promise she made to herself. "why do i have a feeling i will regret that?" she said to herself as finn walked off, a smug look on his face.

☾☼a/n☼☽
so this was only like a little preview thing, it probably won't continue until white lies is finished. but i hope you liked it, i'm really proud of it so i hope you like it<33

-lily