☾☼twelve☼☽

maroon 5stutter
you knock me down,
           i can't get up.❞

"school is done and i'm ready to eat food and lay in bed until three a.m." ava said excitedly to sadie, who she was on the phone with as she got to her house.

"constant mood," sadie laughed. "is that all you're doing tonight?"m

"yeah, pretty much," she sighed as she got to her room and flopped onto her bed. "it's all i do, really."

"shut the fuck up, i bet by the end of the night you'll like be making out with someone, or something," she joked.

"mhm, yes. definitely," she laughed.

finn raked his fingers through his curly hair as he paced around his room. nothing coming to his mind except ava. "god damn it!" he shouted, shoving his face into his palms. his thoughts ran wild, things bouncing over everything. "god damn it," he repeated, more of a cry.

he shook his head and ran out of his room, slamming the door behind him as he left his house.

ava frowned as she had to hang up from her talk with sadie and hopped down her stairs to the kitchen, where she poured herself a cup of water and sat down, scrolling through her phone, which was almost dead.

she only got through scrolling a few minutes before the screen flickered to nothing. she let out an annoyed sigh as she plugged it in in her own bedroom and turned on the tv in the living room.

f.w.
ava, i'm coming over

i know you hate me, i understand that

but i can't stop thinking about you

i hate it, but i literally can't stop

i'm sorry but i'm coming over and i need to talk to you

there's nothing specific but i just need to talk to you

i know you'd want to know before i got there, so here you go

see you in a bit, ava

finn threw his cigarette to the ground, snuffing it out with his shoe as ava's house came into his view. his took in a deep breath and broke out into a run to her house. he ran, but hesitated after reached her door. he knocked, leaving ava confused since she was expecting no one.

"coming!" she yelled jumping up from her couch and to the door, she swung it open, revealing the mess that finn was at the moment.

"ava," he said quietly, with no particular context as he looked over her face.

"finn, what the hell are you-" she began, clenching her jaw as she saw the boy. she really had missed him, but knew it was better this way. she knew it was. she convinced herself.

"please, ava, before you make any decisions," he sighed, panicking slightly as he thought he had nothing to convince, so he just started talking and waited to see where that took him. "i know i'm an asshole. i'm an idiot. i treat people awfully because i can get away with it and even then i feel awful that so many people love me and i'm a terrible person. but, you know what i haven't been doing this past week? that. i haven't been hurting anyone. instead, I've been thinking about you. you are what stops me from being this awful person. i'm not asking for anything more than you to forgive me."

ava listened carefully to every word, while still staring at the boy who looked full of emotions that were distant in a way. she shook her head in disbelief for a moment before smashing her lips onto his.

he was taken aback at first, but quite quickly warmed up to her, cupping her cheek just as he pulled a way for a moment. "are you sure?"

"yes, finn," she smiled, pressing her lips on his soft lips again, theirs moving in unison as finn kicked the front door closed with his foot.

as finn wrapped an arm around her lower back, pulling her body tightly to his, ava wondered why she was kissing him. she missed him, sure. and he was convincing, but was it true? no matter how much she convinced herself she needed to stop, she couldn't.

she pulled away for a moment, glancing out the window and grabbing his hand to pull him up to her room.  she let her hand hover over the door knob. "do you trust me?" he asked, his breath hot on her face.

ava heard at the back of her head, she heard her mind screaming this was wrong, it was all wrong, she was wrong.  but that part of her mind was clouded with lust, and whatever she felt for finn.  and with those thoughts dismissed, finn wolfhard finally got what he wanted. ava nodded.

a/n ; teehee i um yeah whoops
thank u to GingerLovegood for the help with all my stuff but this chapter has been planned for weeks!! and okayamelia helped me to figure the wording i used for the more tricky bits! i love u both❤️❤️

g'bye loves!!