☾☼eight☼☽

☾☼dinner-time☼☽ 

"i'm just saying!" finn joked, making ava laugh as he threw his hands up defensively.

"dinner!" ava's mom called from downstairs. ava and finn looked at each other suddenly, then scrambled, racing down the stairs and to the dinner table, laughing the entire way down.  just before ava could win, finn grabbed ava's waist and tickled her, which of course slowed her down after she guarded her stomach and leaped back.

and as if to ava's rescue, addi came trotting over to finn and stopped right in front to talk to him. of course he shot ava a frustrated grin and lowered himself to addi's level while ava stuck her tongue out at him and sat down smugly at the table.

finn finished awing over addi's painted rock that she was showing him.

"you can keep it!" addi beamed, excited that he loved it so much, she gave it to him.

"thank you, addi!" he beamed, taking the rock and shoving it down his pocket as he joined ava—who was laughing at him—at the dinner table.

jackson and addi sat down, jackson beside ava and addi beside finn. their mom and dad came and sat across from ava and finn after setting down the salad and

"i hope you like pizza and salad, finn. we should've asked," her dad said.

"oh no, of course i like it. thanks so much, by the way," he thanked them.

"so, aves did you tell them what you told me?" jackson said, taking a bite of his pizza.

"wha-" she asked, forgetting all about it for a moment. "oh! yeah, you are now looking at an official converse model," she grinned, framing her face with her hands.

finn bit the inside of his bottom lip, knowing that millie was also a converse model. there was a slim chance they'd never work together but it was a chance.

"wow, that's great, honey!" her mom beamed.

"i knew you could do it!" her dad cheered.

"congrats, aves. you deserve it,"  finn smiled, making her blush.

"thanks," she mumbled, picking away at her salad.

"ava?" addi said, catching her attention. "when are you and finn getting married?"

finn and jackson's eyes widened while ava choked on the salad that was in her mouth. ava's mom and dad began to laugh at the question alone, adding in the kids reactions they were gasping for breath.

"uhh-" ava trailed off, not knowing what to say. addi cocked an eyebrow, unsure of why everyone was laughing. i mean, ava and finn were definitely getting married, right? finn laughed seeing ava's adorable, panicked face.

a lot of thoughts crossed all of their minds at that moment. ava was worried about how red her face was and about how the hell she would answer her little sister. jackson just didn't like what was going on in the least. and finn, he spotted her embarrassed and adorable expression and could only think of making her more embarrassed.

"hey ava," finn caught her attention, sliding the napkin ring off the napkin and into his hand.

"hmm?"

he pushed himself out of his chair and flopped onto one knee and held the napkin ring in front of her. ava's cheeks burned a deep scarlet as she looked over at her parents who were wiping the tears that escaped their eyes with the laughter. "wanna marry me, or something?"

jackson watched awkwardly. it was very obviously a joke, but the very thought of finn being with ava was followed by finn's usual habits which would end up with ava getting hurt. and jackson hated the thought of his little sister in tears over a boy like him.

addi cheered and clapped, watching her 'new best friend' finn, propose to her big sister and role model. she jumped down from her chair and next to finn, holding his shoulders (which pretty much reached her chin) and bouncing in excitement.

ava, being extremely flustered and not knowing how to end this completely in her favour, managed to mumbled out a, "oh, uh-yeah? sure."

her mom, dad and ava all broke out in sarcastic cheers for the two. all while addi thought it was real, which they probably should've corrected. and finn slipped the 'ring' onto ava's finger and jumped up to hug her while everyone but jackson laughed incredibly hard at the show they decided to put on.

"dessert for the happy couple?" ava's dad asked as they settled back into their seats and he got up to get the pre-prepared dessert, which remained a mystery to all the kids. "one second!"

ava looked at finn, face still a deep red, a small smile on her face. "i hate that i'm having fun, finn."

"sorry, but i guess that's what i do," he grinned, making her smile grow and even though she attempted to hide it, it was obvious.

ava's dad then came out to the table, holding a platter of cupcakes in which read 'congratulations!', carrying on the joke. ava laughed, rolled her eyes and buried her face in her hands, all while still laughing.

a/n
pretty cool, so im stressed, jack has a gf and that's okay bc i've heard she's sweet and that's what matters.

^^upDATE NONOMONO I NO LONGER LIKE HER SHES A SNAKE

g'bye loves❣️