04: unlike usual

+ haeun

it was already the next school day.

lunch period was about to begin. as soon as we were dismissed to the cafeteria, i found daehwi and linked our arms.

" yup. you're performing today~ " i say, ruffling his hair.

" ughhh i don't want to. and i don't even have anything prepared. come on, let's just eat lunch together. " he says, pouting.

as much as i wanted to refuse, i just sighed.

" alright. you're performing tomorrow, though~ oh and i'm going to bring justin if that's the case. " i say, unlinking our arms.

" what? but doesn't he have lunch outside with his other friends? " daehwi asks, confused.

" uhhhh yeah but i'm his best friend sooooo... " i say, not hesitating to bring daehwi outside with me.

" he looks pretty occupied. " daehwi says, stopping in his tracks.

before i could look at what he was doing, daehwi stood in front of me so that i couldn't see.

" i don't know if i wanna let you look. " he says, spreading his arms out.

" what could be so bad? " i say, about to push him out of the way.

" you might make... a scene... and you're already hurt so... " he says, mumbling.

" uhhhh excuse me? what do you mean 'scene' and 'you're already hurt'? " i ask, looking over his shoulder.

there was a girl, hugging justin from the back.

" dude. i told you that i don't like him. " i say, laughing. " girls confess to him almost every week. maybe everyday. "

" that's all you saw? " he says, confused.

" what more is there to see? " i ask, chuckling.

" can't you see him? he's being beaten up. he's protecting the girl, you weirdo. " he says, immediately covering his mouth.

" excuse me?! " i scream, speed walking over to the group of people.

there were bruises all over my best friend's face. his friends were fighting him. i don't know what that girl has to do with anything...

i pulled my phone out and took pictures.

" oops... i forgot to turn off the flash, haha sorry. " i say, waving my phone in the air.

" haeun? what are you doing here? go. i can take care of this myself. " justin said when i stood in front of him.

" haha take care of yourself? i wish i could show you a mirror, but you don't look so good. and where's daniel and woojin? don't you eat lunch with them, too? " i say, scratching my neck.

" they are out eating by themselves... i just let them have their little date. but haeun. " he repeats sternly.

" ahhh i see... hey, daehwi? take my phone and if i get hurt.... you have proof~ " i say, handing my phone to daehwi.

" this isn't your fight, tiny lady. you better delete those pictures. " one of the boys said.

" last time i checked... it was my fight. why? because my best friend is being hurt right in front of my eyes. and what makes you think that i'm going to delete those pictures, huh? why would i listen to you in the first place? " i say, smiling.

the girl was still hiding behind justin.

" and um... who are you? " i ask, pulling the girl off of justin.

" uh.. uh... hello... " she says, nervously.

" well... strange name.. but hi, hello! haha, if you're that scared of being hurt by these jerks, go ahead and run away while you can. i can take care of this. " i say with a wink. the girl bowed and ran away.

" yah. haeun. " justin says.

" sorry, cutie, but he was the one who betrayed us. now leave because we need to teach him a lesson. " the person in the front said, nudging me. ahhh, now i understand the situation...

" she could just be our toy. " another one said.

" pshhh toy? yeah, good luck. " i say, smiling.

" we can hurt her instead of justin because he obviously cares about her more than himself. " he continued.

" haeun. leave now. " justin says, trying to stand in front of me.

" aigoo... you think you are capable of hurting me? " i say, laughing.

the person in the front rolled up his sleeves and pushed me to the ground.

" she already twisted her ankle. it shouldn't be hard. " he says, slapping my face.

" yah! get off of her! " daehwi screams, kicking the person as hard as he could.

i laughed. " daehwi! you're so cute~ "

he wanted to help me although he was really weak.... i couldn't help but smile.

daehwi gave me a weird look because we are in a very serious situation, yet i still stay calm and goofy.

the person then pushed daehwi away and went to punch me, cursing me out.

but justin hugged me from the back and twisted me around.

at first i wanted to scream.

i mean, why can't girls fight?! they are always the ones that have to be protected!

pulling him off of me, i checked if he was okay.

" haeun... "

" dude! are you okay?! ahhh you shouldn't have done that! "

" haeun. "

" oh they are going to have to pay for this. "

" haeun. "

" come at me, you freaks! "

" haeun! "

" huh? "

" they didn't hit me... they hit daehwi. " he says, pointing at the boy that was on the ground behind him.

" d-d-daehwi?! " i immediately scream.

i went to check if he was okay. he sat on the ground, holding his face, but he nodded to me and i stood strong in front of those jerks.

" justin. take daehwi to the clinic right now. i am going to take care of this. " i say, giving him a stern look.

" o-okay. " he says, pulling daehwi up and off of the ground.

" so let me get this straight, boys. one of you guys got dumped by that girl.... and right after she dumped you... she confessed how she likes justin? " i ask, shaking my head.

that was the lamest thing i've heard in my whole lifetime.

" you know what? you are just a bunch of losers! i'm not fighting trash. so just go. i'm leaving. goodbye. and because of you weirdos, i had to skip lunch! ugh, this is actually stupid. " i say, walking off.

the boys wanted to fight and argue, but i already walked into the building.

a boy caught up to me and grabbed my shoulder.

" ehm. hands off. thank you. " i say, nudging him.

" but don't you want to know what justin said after the girl confessed to him? " he says with a smirk.

" no not really. " i say, turning around and walking off again.

he grabbed onto my shoulder again.

" he said that he had to reject her because he liked you. " he says, smirking.