20: crybaby

+ haeun

yesterday was the day i reported seulbi to the principal.

i was sitting on a bench on the rooftop, focusing on my breathing to calm me down.

the last few weeks have been very stressful. the selfish part of me just wants her gone.

i sighed. of course something like this was bound to happen... life is never perfect, fun, and fair.

getting up from the bench, i wandered towards the edge. i wasn't going to commit suicide... i'm not crazy. i just wanted to look at the view.

but as soon as i moved there, someone pushed me.

i lost all of my balance and slipped off of the edge, holding onto the ledge.

from the nervousness, my hands grew sweaty and i began crying for my life.

" aigoo... what a perfect day it is... to kill someone. " seulbi sniffed.

" are you crazy?! " i scream, trying to pull myself up.

she squated down and held onto my hands.

" seulbi! leave me alone! please! " i yelp, crying.

" why should i stop after all of this progress i've made? " she says, pushing my fingers slowly.

the rooftop door flew open and there jihoon stood, eating ice cream.

i cried and cried of terror as seulbi jumps up, almost pushing me all the way off.

i scream, causing jihoon to drop his ice cream and run to me. he pushed seulbi onto the ground harshly and pulled me up.

i sobbed, hugging onto his neck.

seulbi wasn't done though. she balled up her fist and stomped towards us.

pulling me out of his arms, she pushed me onto the hard ground and began punching and slapping me repeatedly.

all i could do was cry and cry like a baby. i felt useless.

jihoon grabbed her arms and pushed her away, checking my bleeding and bruised face.

the rooftop door swung open again, revealing the two people that would be even more furious after seeing me like this.

justin and daehwi.

" jihoonieeee~ where's our ice cream you promis-- holy mushroom. " daehwi says, running to me.

justin tried to close his eyes and not get angry.

" haeun! just die already! " seulbi screams.

i wiped my tears. daehwi took out a handkerchief and gently patted the blood on my face.

jihoon took seulbi down to the office.

" justin... it's okay now. " i say, looking at the boy who looked as though he was about to explode.

he opened his eyes and went to me.

" you did good at not murdering her. " i say, patting his back.

" what happened? " daehwi asks.

" i was sitting up here getting some fresh air... she almost pushed me off the edge.. jihoon saved me. she started beating me up and then you guys came. " i say, holding my face.

" she's getting expelled next week... she will probably get expelled today after what happened. " justin says.

" she knows where i live. " i mumble.

" you can stay at my house until we are sure that she's gone. " justin says, pulling out his phone to text his and my parents.

" are you sure? " i ask, walking down stairs.

" of course! we are practically family. " justin says, smiling.

" oh my gosh... i have to turn something into the teacher bye! " daehwi suddenly screams, running ahead.

" bye~ " i say, stretching my neck.

" what's her problem? " justin mutters under his breath.

" calm down, cutie. " i say, patting his back.

" it makes me upset... this might sound selfish, but i think it would be best if you broke up with daehwi. " justin says.

" she's already going to be expelled so it shouldn't matter anymore. " i say, hugging onto his arm.

" she ruined your pretty little 6-year-old face~ " he says, pressing on one of the bruises.

" don't touch it! it hurts. " i say, covering my face with my hands.

" there you are! we were eating lunch without yo-- what happened, noona?! " woojin screams causing everyone to look at us.

" oh my... dongsaeng! are you alright?! " daniel says, checking my face.

" it was seulbi who did this so... to sum it up... she tried to kill me. " i say with a smile.

" i'm going to attack he-- "

" but good news~~ she's going to be expelled~ " i say.

" for real?!? " daniel says, smiling.

i nod.

today was terrible yet i did get a great reward for the trouble...