01: dancing queen

+ haeun

" good morning, class. today we have a new student. please welcome this beautiful person and respect her privacy. as most of you shall know, meeting new people can be very, very challenging. " our teacher began.

ever since i walked into the building, the words 'new girl' were audible no matter what corner of the school you were at. i don't mind new students because i'm usually the one to welcome them and allow them to feel comfortable in the new environment, but it's always a ruckus in the school when new people come.

i sat still in my seat while everyone anticipated her coming.

a girl came in slowly with a shy smile on her face. she had long braids that rested on top of her chest. she was indeed beautiful.

oh she's the ulzzang type, alright. i had short hair, not too short tho. i was short, welcoming, friendly, and artistic... if only i had her looks haha.

" annyeong... i am kim seulbi. please take good care of me. " she said with a small bow.

the boys is the class clapped or whooped while the girls sat, some smiling warmly and some scoffing. i got up from my seat and smiled.

" annyeonghaseo! i am park haeun. welcome to class 2-3! we hope to create great and magnificent memories with you in the future, starting from this moment! you can sit in this vacant seat right beside me. thank you. " i say. everyone clapped.

i am a singer, dancer, and actress. i don't just attend this school as a student, but i also perform for my fellow classmates during lunch or after school. i am quite popular to the point where almost everyone in the school knows me... i even have a few haters but i still perform for my enjoyment and also for the enjoyment of the viewers that want to watch.

seulbi walked to the seat next to mine and smiled shyly.

" you seem very warm-hearted and welcoming. " she says while looking down.

" i do try to sound like that... i guess it did leave a good impact on you. but thank you for the compliment! " i say, smiling.

🦑

it was now lunch time. i was preparing for my performance while eating something really small. i don't entirely skip lunch, but i do limit myself.

i walked onto the stage in the cafeteria and looked at the people eating and purchasing their food.

i danced to many songs. dance covers were always a big hit because everyone would sing along to the song and get interested in the performance quicker, being able to familiarize themselves faster.

just as the song was about to end, i took a clumsy and unbalanced step, causing me to twist my ankle and fall to the ground.

the room became still with gasps. as a small schoolmate of mine named lee daehwi started to jog towards me, he got pushed down by the crowd that was sprinting in the same direction.

i was surrounded by classmates who were questioning me all at once.

i smiled, getting up slowly.

" i am alright... hurry up and get to your classes.... the bell is about to ring. " i say.

they all left slowly and i started limping towards the boy that was dusting off his uniform while sitting on the ground.

" are you alright? " i ask, pulling my hand out for him to grab.

" yeah. are you okay? do you want me to take you to the nurse? " daehwi says, getting up and putting his arm around me, helping me gain balance.

" yes please... "

" wow... you're an actual dancing queen. your dances today were legit! " he says, surprised.

" you think so? oh and i heard that you dance pretty well also! " i say, smiling.

" we should practice together one day... you sing and act, too, correct? we can practice that as well! " he begins.

" well... practicing dance won't be that great of an idea as of right now. " i say, laughing.

" true true. "

" i have an idea, though. "

" wha-- "

" can you maybe.... dance for me? "

(a/n: i kind of deleted my other book series so... sorry about that. i had to delete it because i have something coming up and... blah blah personal stuff.)