15: headache

+ haeunieeee 🐣 sent you a message!

open message? yes/no

[yes]

haeunieeee 🐣; hey fam :)

daehwiwi 🐶; herrro ♡

haeunieeee 🐣; my head hurts and my parents are at work... idk what to do

daehwiwi 🐶; um...

haeunieeee 🐣; i asked justin for help already but he said that he is 'kind of occupied'

daehwiwi 🐶; i'll come over then?

haeunieeee 🐣; yes pls

daehwiwi 🐶; ok i'll be there in a bit

🦑

+ daehwi

haeun has a headache? on a sunday?! that means that if she's sick, she can't go to school tomorrow... i have to make sure that she won't be sick tomorrow or else school is going to be boring...

i rushed out of the house and as soon as i thought that this day couldn't get any worse... someone that i definitely didn't want to see walked in front of me.

" oppa! where are you going? let's go there together. " seulbi says, hugging my arm.

" actually, i don't have time for this. please leave me alone. " i say, trying to shake her off of me.

" oh no... are you in an emergency? i can help you. " she says, smiling.

" yes i am! just leave me alone! " i say, running away from her after finally breaking free.

i knocked on the door of haeun's house.

no answer.

knocked again.

no answer.

i pulled out my phone to call her, she didn't pick up.

so i called justin.

" yah! justin! " i say as soon as he picks up.

" did i do something wrong? you sound angry. " he says.

" does haeun have a spare key somewhere in her yard? " i ask, looking around.

" um... are you trying to break into your own girlfriend's house? " he asks with a chuckle.

" she... she called me saying that she had a headache. she told me to come over and she-- "

" she called me too... i just finished my plans... i'm not busy anymore. but what does this have to do with the situation? "

" i am at her house and she won't answer the door or pick up the phone. do you think she's in trouble? " i ask.

" she might be in the bathroom... " he says quietly.

" so does she have a spare key?? " i ask.

" mhm... it's in the soil of the 4th plant on the left windowsill. " he says.

" okay... where are you can you co-- "

" oppa! there you are! " seulbi says, hugging me from behind causing me to drop my phone.

" yah! "

" oh... it's justin oppa. yeobeosaeyo, justin oppa! " she says, picking up the phone.

i grabbed the phone from her hands.

" seulbi? what's she doing there? i'm on my way right now. " justin says through the phone.

" i'm hanging up now. " i say.

" who's house is this? " she asks, looking around.

i can't get the spare key with her watching me... because if i do, she could easily go into haeun's house in the future.

" seulbi. leave now! " i say, pushing her away.

" i don't wanna~ i wanna stay with you! " she says, hugging onto my arm.

" daehwi hyung! " justin says, running next to me.

" seulbi! please leave me alone! " i scream.

" seulbi... i know you're a girl and all... but because you are interfering with my best friend's life... i don't regret doing this.. but sorry. " justin says, pushing her down onto the ground.

" yah! " she says, getting up.

" go away. " he says, pushing her down into the grass again.

i took this chance to grab the key and open the house door.

" justin, leave me alone! " she screams.

" goodbye~ " justin says, running into the house and locking it.

i walked into her room and there she was... paler than ever.

" i knew she fainted... " i say.

" she sounded really weak over the phone... i was busy though. " justin says, calling an ambulance.

🦑

we were all waiting for haeun to wake up... daniel hyung, woojin, samuel, justin, and jihoon hyung... we forced seulbi to go home.

doctors took a look at her and diagnosed her with meningitis. it's a sickness that gives you a sever headache and stiff neck... it's where an infection causes the inflammation of the brain and spinal cord membranes.

" i feel bad for noona. " woojin says, touching the ends of her hair.

" she looks tired... i wonder how long she's had this. " jihoon says.

" if only i wasn't busy at the time she called me. " justin says, trying to contact her parents.

" if only seulbi wasn't in my way. " i say under my breath.