34: jinyoungie

(a/n: btw... there is going to be a "somewhat interesting" chapter coming up that's about baejin... this is just a "ladder" chapter /and extremely random chapter/ that leads up to the "somewhat interesting" chapter! there will be more chapters with just daehwi and haeun ahead heh heh. and note that this chapter is a different day from the last chapter.)

+ haeun

" hey haeun! " someone yelled to me as i was walking out of the school by myself.

" oh no... you're not planning on kidnapping me to go to a cafe with you again, right? " i say, looking at the boy.

" no! i just haven't had much luck with my family... they are starting to break apart and i want an excuse to not go home for awhile tonight. just some time to take my mind off of them. " jinyoung says, hooking our arms.

" well... just because i don't want you to stress. " i say, kicking the ground before walking somewhere with him.

" by the way... you and daehwi are still dating right? " he asks.

" um... yes. what makes you ask? " i say, looking him in the eye.

" well, you guys don't act lovey dovey... it's more like... you two just trust each other more than anyone else. and you two just mess around with each other... and are always with one another unless you are at your house or with another one of your friends. " he says, looking at his feet.

" i mean, we always go on dates on saturdays... " i say.

" is he what you want in a boyfriend? someone who isn't much different than a very close friend? " he continues to question.

" um... what are you trying to get at, jinyoung? " i ask. he's being pretty nosy and i'm not a big fan of the way that he's acting.

" why can't you give me a chance? i tried so hard to find you again, haeun. what do you see in daehwi that i don't have? " jinyoung says, stopping in his tracks and looking at me straight in the eye.

he must be super stressed out... the fact that nothing is going his way must be frustrating... his family is breaking apart. the girl he loves doesn't love him back...

" jinyoung... you're a great friend. but i like daehwi. it's not a quality that he has and you don't. as much as this might sound extremly cringy, daehwi already has my heart... i don't know... jinyoung. the more you try, the more you will get hurt. i thought you got over me awhile ago. but just stop and get over me so it will be easier for both me and you. " i say, patting his head as the friendly person i am.

" haeun. " he says, tears starting to form.

i was extremely shocked... i didn't mean to hurt his feelings... what am i going to do if he cries?

" j-jinyoung? " i say.

" daehwi has everything including you... i have nothing... " he says, looking down.

i hesitated at first, but ended up hugging him.

" i know you're struggling right now, jinyoungie. but you don't have nothing. you have your friends at school... you have me, just as a friend! you're okay, jinyoung. " i say, letting go and holding his face in my hands.

" i like it when you call me jinyoungie. " he says, smiling childishly.

i chuckled and wiped his tears away.

" well then... if jinyoungie likes to be called jinyoungie... then jinyoungie it is! let's go shopping for clothes at the town center because... i like shopping. " i say, pointing in front of us.