22 - The Truth.

JAKES POV

I was waiting for her to respond, she was mute and it was weird.

“What do you mean talk?”

She shrugged “Well the word ‘talk’ has many meanings. Do you feel like an English lesson?”

“No. I’m not in high school anymore, save me the torture. What do you want to talk about?”

Kylie smirked “Well I don’t, maybe meaning that there are some things that I have to tell you. You know like I told you last week?”

I sniggered “It’s not a girly issue right?”

She punched me in the arm “OW!”

“Oh stop being a girl”

I let out a small chuckle “So what do you want to talk about?”

“Me and you.”

“Okay….”

To be honest I didn’t know whether to take that as a good sign or not. These past few days have been a blur. I keep on blacking out in random places and forgetting what happened before I did. I can’t even remember my date with Fate a few days back. I didn’t know where Kylie was going with this, so I awkwardly nodded and clicked my tongue.

“So here it goes, I got kidnapped last week-“

FATES POV

*BANG!*

I shuddered, I didn’t mean to slam the door that hard. I ran up the stairs when I heard my mother’s voice echo through the hall.

“Fate! Fate! Is that you my dear?”

I grunted and ran back into the kitchen “Whaaat?”

“Don’t talk to me in that tone dear, what did I do to deserve that?”

“Nothing” I spat.

Her face lit up “Anyway! Your Father and I have been talking and we think it’s time for us to teach you.”

My heart skipped a beat.

“Really!?”

She smiled “Yes, it’s time for us to teach you more about our family’s special gifts. You have so much potential Fate. I can’t wait to see how much control you have with them.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“Not in a bad way sweetie, it’s just I know that you have had your curiosity and I know that it’s killing you not being able to try anything magical yet. I know that when I was your age I wanted to learn about my powers so much that I–“

She stopped “That you?”

She sighed “I shouldn’t really be giving you any ideas missy. And if I ever find out that you have been practising without my consent I will take it all away until I think you are ready and have earned it back.”

I held back my urge to shout “And that means?”

Mum smirked “As your parent I have the ability to temporarily take away your powers.” She said while magically chopping the onions.

“Seriously?” I asked on my way to the fridge.

She gave me a deadly glare “I’m dead serious. Those are the rules Fate. You are in my house and will be till you graduate. If you disobey me I will have no other choice but to confide and do what I said. I know that you have tried little things yourself. I noticed it last year when you would bring that friend of yours over, Xavier was it?”