15 - Minds Reeling

FATES POV

I arrive at my house and threw my keys on the table.

"Mum I'm home!" I yelled.

I heard rattling in the kitchen, I walked to it with Eliza tip toeing behind me. I saw mum chopping some vegetables followed by an "good afternoon love! Who's your fairy friend?"

Eliza smiled. "How did you know I'm a fairy?"

"I have my tricks Eliza. Pleasure to meet you dear."

They both grinned and they shook hands. God my mum is old.

"Can Eliza stay over tonight mum?"

"Sure, and your twin is also welcome to as well."

"Thankyou Mrs Colburn."

"No please call me Anne. Your a air fairy yes?" Mum asked.

"Yes I am and-"

She was cut off "your sister is an earth fairy and you were both orphans. You raised each other. I'm sorry for your loss." My mum pouted.

Eliza smiled. "Mum please stop freaking her out, she's new to the neighbourhood." I mumbled.

She laughed "No I'm sure Eliza doesn't mind, and not only that she's interested in this kind of stuff anyway. If she didn't want me to she wouldn't have let me pass the barrier."

"Barrier?" Eliza asked.

"The barrier is like and invisible wall which separate your thoughts from your memories. Telepathy only lets us supernaturals access each other's thoughts. Only few know how to break the barrier between thoughts and memories. It's a genetic gift love."

"Wow Mum I didn't know that." I announced.

"And that's because you don't ask me enough questions. Just because your father use to teach at Spell Academy doesn't means he knows more than I do. There is more than meets the eye Fate"

'You can say that again' I heard Eliza say telepathically.

"So what do you do to break the barrier? Can fairies do it too? How do they Iet you in?" Eliza asked in a big mumbled rush.

"Well my dear the barrier is a wall, you have to ask permission to enter it and it give your response by doing nothing or just opening. It's not that hard to do but it does take a while to master it. I am very old young fae."

"How old are you?" She asked.

Mum laughs. "I'm only a couple thousand years old love. And this is the twenty first century. To answer your other questions before, yes fairies can do it too because they are also a abiogenetic species. Vampires and werewolves and things are unnatural beings on our turf. They only have powers that were created not genically given. And to your last question people don't really know that someone is doing it to them. You just feel refreshed after they have been snooping. You are only granted access if they don't mind sharing secrets with you or trust you. But If they don't your screwed. "

I sighed, damn that was a lot of information to take In. And Kylie's a Vampire! What will my mum do to her if she fines out?!

"Mum, Eliza and I gotta study so please let us go!!"

"Ok darling but Eliza precious if you have any questions or problems I am always here." My mum said putting her hand in her chest.

"Thankyou Anne."

I quickly grabbed Eliza's hand and dragged her up the stairs. I passed a creepily quiet room. I banged the door open and Adeen was glued to the computer. I went up to her an pulled her earphones out.