24 - Secrecy

ADEENS POV

“How am I dying?!” I roared.

Eliza’s eyes were trying to avoid mine, she was reusing to look at me. Tears dampened my cheeks as my skin burned up.

“I can’t die! I’m not even sixteen yet! I can’t die when I’m only fifteen!”

Eliza’s hair shimmered as the moonlight stroke her face. Her eyes sparkled randomly as she finally faced me.

“You won’t die in a conventional way, it’s like you’re going to be reborn. But seriously I don’t know about this very well. I can’t give you a lesson or anything.”

I licked my dry lips. “Reborn? Who knows about this?”

“I’d say Fate would.”

I sat up heatedly “Where is she?!”

“I don’t know” Eliza sighed “I can try calling her if you want?”

FATES POV

I eagerly jumped out of my car and made my way up to Hunter’s front door steps. It was obvious that he needed me on the phone, I had to be there for him. I don’t know how to describe this feeling I have towards him.

*Knock knock knock*

I closed my eyes, I could feel another vision coming. It was really near.

“Fate?” a raspy voice asked.

Hunter’s hair was all messy, he was wearing a green hoodie and a pair of sweat pants. I’ll admit it, he looked good. I soon realised I was gawking at him, and my eyes quickly averted.

“Thankyou for coming.”

“I like big butts and I cannot lie, you other brothers can’t deny! When a girl walks in-“

Hunter held a big smirk on his face, I blushed realising it was my ringtone. After the first verse ended  I answered it.

“Hello?”

“FATE! Finally you answer! Its Eliza, and I need your help!”

“Yes it’s me and why must you need my help so much?” I said walking off the porch.

“It’s Adeen, we need you to come home right now!”

“Alright I’m on my way”

I turned back around to see Hunter with an amused expression.

“I see were not going to discuss your ringtone?” he said through a smirk.

“Yeah well I keep on forgetting to change it. Anyways I’m so sorry I have to go. Can we try this another time?”

He sighed and walked to me with open arms. I took it and inhaled his manly smell.

“I’m sorry I keep on cancelling on you. It’s never intentional you know that right?” I said staring into his bright blue eyes.

He sighed “I know, but I just wanna spend some time with you.”

“We will, but at the moment we have indefinite timing.”

“That I know” he said kissing my forehead.

“I really have to go now. I’ll call you okay?”

He waved from the house “okay”

I unlocked my car and started the ignition, I exhaled feeling my heart tighten in exasperation.