7- Jokes

"I don't know what goes 0 to 100 faster. Your car or you?"

"Shut up, Jeff. Get over it," I groaned, watching as he pulled the bags from the trunk.

"Oh, I'm not getting over that. That was the fastest I've ever gotten a girl o-"

I decided to ignore him as I unlocked the door and looked around in the house. It was smaller than my home and more cozy. I always liked it here more. The white walls with the matching aged, white wood floors. Everything was more peaceful here. The blues and whites of the furniture was always more welcoming than the modern look at home. I walked over to the panel of windows that overlooked the lake below and smiled, feeling a bit unwinded. Although that could have had something to do with Jeff's fingers as well.

I blushed and tried to shake the memory away.

"Where do I put the bags?" He asked. I turned around to face him and jerked my head for him to follow.

I decided to take the master since my usual room only had a twin bed. The two rooms were located on opposite sides of the house. The master overlooked the lake and had a bed with deep blue covers and white carpet. I collapsed on the bed and closed my eyes.

"Jeff, you might as well share the room with me because the other one might be too far for you to hear my screams of pain or whatever. The bed is definitely big enough."

The California King pretty much dwarfed my body in all honesty.

"I think I like you screaming my name better."

My eyes flew open.

"I didn't scream your name," I growled, glowering at him as he stood across the room with his arms crossed in a triumphant manner.

"And just to let you know," I began, sitting up in the bed, "it wasn't even that good. I'm pretty sure the vibrations in the car had something to do with it."

That was a total lie.

"Sure. It was definitely the vibrations that had you holding my arm and begging me to go faster."

I chucked the nearest pillow at him and got up to leave the room.

"Look, your nail marks are still there. You almost made me crash your car," he pointed to the red, half-moon marks on his bicep and I groaned.

"You're gonna want more soon, Doll," he smirked, closing the distance between us.

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms.

"Yes, Jeff. I'm going to be begging for you to fuck me on the kitchen counter like a real man."

"All in time."

I shook my head and knelt down to unpack. I was relieved when Jeff left the room, probably to go get the rest of the stuff from the car. I was able to think clearly again.

Part of me was a little frustrated that I actually let a killer put his fingers... well... inside me.

I always figured if that'd happen, he'd be killing for good and would be like Jason Todd* or something.

But, if I'm being honest, it did kind of leave me wanting more. And I couldn't believe I was letting him win. I needed to step up my game before he got too cocky.

When I finished unpacking and putting my clothes in the drawers, I left the room and wandered around the house. Few memories came back to me. Toweling off on the deck after swimming, playing in the living room while Dad grilled hamburgers and Mom prepared sides. I sighed and took off my boots, looking out the panel of windows into the lake.

"Do you think it's warm enough to go skinny dipping?" I asked, an eyebrow raised.

"I don't know. I mean it's fall," Jeff called back from somewhere in the house. I opened the door to the deck and closed it, hearing it click. I stripped out of my jacket, shirt, and skirt, the material leaving a trail to the end of the deck.

I slid into the water, gasping as the water enveloped me.

"Holy shit, Rosalie. I thought you'd think about it a bit more before doing it," Jeff said as he crossed the deck.

I shrugged my shoulders as I shivered in the water.

"You gonna join me, handsome?" I jokingly flirted, wiggling my eyebrows.

Jeff pursed his lips.

"Yeah, I guess."

He slipped his boots and socks off. Then he tugged his shirt over his head and I couldn't stop from licking my lips at his well-defined body. His jeans fell to the deck, revealing his very muscled thighs. A shaky breath fell from my lips as I turned to avoid looking at was under his boxers when he took those off. I turned back around when I heard the splash from him jumping in.

"C'mere," he motioned with one hand while he pushed back his hair with the other.

I swam over to him cautiously, not liking the serious tone in his voice.

I furrowed my eyebrows as I neared him.

"Wha-"

A wall of water splashed in my face as he flicked it at me with his hand.

"I'm not even surprised," I mumbled, shaking the water off my face.

He was about to do it again but I lunged for him and smashed my lips against his, wrapping my arms lazily around his shoulders. He responded immediately, his lips moving in sync with my own. As his tongue swept across my lip, I pulled back.

"I just wanted to know what you tasted like," I shrugged one shoulder, a devious smirk on my lips.

I swam away from him and climbed onto the deck, not caring if he was watching or not.

"I'll leave a towel out for you," I called over my shoulder.

"Can I fuck you on the kitchen counter yet?"

*Jason Todd is the DC anti-hero Red Hood, also known as Rosalie's number 1 fictional crush.