5- Scares

"What are you watching?" I asked, leaning over the couch a couple nights later. My plan had been working well. Jeff just seemed to get more and more uncomfortable, even going as far as not to insult me anymore.

"Annabelle."

"Oh," I chirped, climbing over to sit next to him.

He side-eyed me suspiciously but I just smiled at him. He turned his attention back to the screen moments later. I smirked as I noticed him glance at my legs.

I was only wearing a sheer button down that was too big and fell about mid thigh. If you looked closely enough you could see that it was see through. And that I definitely wasn't wearing a bra.

"Do you want me to make popcorn?" I asked, turning to fully face him, my grey eyes bright and wide.

"Sure."

He seemed awful nonchalant for someone making such a big deal out of being here.

"Come with me. I keep seeing something outside in the dark and it's scaring me."

It wasn't a lie. I had been seeing something. But I wasn't scared. I mean, I was kinda immune at this point.

"You're asking the killer who broke into your house to protect you?" He asked, pausing the tv.

I grabbed his arm and pulled him up.

"No. I'm asking the cute killer," I smirked.

"And the way I see it I haven't got any right to think you'd hurt me," I said, pulling him towards the kitchen, "We belong to each other now."

And, unfortunately, we kinda did.

This wasn't an association I could forget about.

Jeff leaned against the counter with his arms crossed as I popped a bag of popcorn into the microwave and pressed the buttons.

I hopped up onto the counter opposite Jeff and sat down, Jeff watching as the shirt rode up my thighs. My smirk dropped when I got a prickly feeling sensation on my neck.

"Hey, Jeff," I mumbled.

"What's up, Beauty Queen?"

He looked up and frowned at my expression. I gently tilted my head, trying to get him to look behind me. The movement was subtle but he got it.

He briefly looked outside but I didn't miss how he swallowed thickly. In fact, his whole demeanor seemed to change. He stood almost aggressively.

"I don't really want popcorn anymore. Let's just go to bed," I suggested.

"Alright."

He fell in step beside me as I began my way up the stairs.

"You can't see through the windows at night, right?" He asked, his voice serious. I shook my head, tensing a bit when he drew his knife.

"Then he knows we see him. I have something to keep him from getting in, but fuck. That's scary as hell," he mumbled.

I tilted my head curiously.

"What is it? Why are you scared of him? And why is he here?"

"It's this... being. Don't worry about it. He can't get in. And he only wants me. He might be interested in you, but... he's an old enemy of mine."