28- Stand Downs

A/N: Not edited but here you go.

I was staring at my body in my full length mirror. It was a little different than my usual admiration of myself, but it was still comforting looking in the mirror at me. Just me.

Absolutely nothing inside me.

Almost like removing a parasite, really.

Right?

I felt good for going through with it. And yet, part of me felt guilty. I knew it was my body and my right, but Jeff didn't even know. Not that he'd even want a child. I doubted that he did. But I bet he'd be pissed if he ever found out I aborted.

I shook the thoughts from my mind as I quickly pulled a pair of black jeans that already had several necessities in the pockets on and a sports bra. I drew my curls to the left side of my head and exited the bathroom.

An array of hand guns and an assault rifle laid strewn on the bed. I attached the thigh holster, sliding a pistol in with ease and snapping the piece of leather over it securely. I attached another as a belt. After tugging on a pair of leather over the knee boots, I slid a think knife under the material of my right boot.

While I myself wasn't a fan of knives, my father declared that one should always carry some sort of sharp object as back up Protection.

I zipped up my green military jacket and took a deep breath before quickly grabbing my rifle and heading out the door. Jeff was in the next town over, crashing in a motel and waiting for this to blow over. Jack was somewhere nearby, waiting for a signal. Splendor was in my attic, mentally renovating the area after he told me it could easily serve as another room for "festivities".

In all honesty, the guy, uh thing, was too much for me.

Dude needed to chill.

Always hyped up and shit.

I stalked around the perimeter of the lake house and then into the forest, keeping my sense aware and alert. The moon was high and bright, shining down upon me as of guiding me in a way. It's light gave me just enough to see without some night vision goggles my father had given me. The moist leaves on the ground cushioned my feet, almost completely silencing any footfalls.

Until I heard a twig snap.

I quickly scanned the horizon, pulling my assault rifle into a ready position.

"Jack?" I called, moving in a circular motion to watch my back.

A quiet giggle sounded from three to four yards away.

"Which one?" The voice giggled.

I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose.

Of course it wouldn't be that easy.

"Alright fucker, why don't you bring that candy ass out here?" I growled, raising my gun towards the direction of his girly voice.

"Oh, don't be so mean, Rosalie!"

"Fuck off-"

My legs were slept from underneath me by a large dog-sized being. I landed on my back with a loud thud, my shoulder blades taking most of the hit. I groaned and tried sitting up.

"Mother fuck-"

I was hit again full force, the impact sending my rolling several feet to the left of my previous position. I caught a glimpse of the silvery being. The Rake.

"Oh, you brought Gollum," I spoke between labored breaths as I spotted my rifle laying about five feet from me.

"We just wanted to play, Rosalie," the high pitched voice spoke, much nearer now.

The striped arms and pointed smile, a crazy look in his eyes that was something more than insanity.

"You haven't been a very nice girl!" He giggled, rubbing his clawed hands together.

I watched him from my laid flat position on the forest floor, a blank stare on my face at the being.

"My, you really aren't scared are you?" He frowned, tapping his chin with a claw lightly.

"No, not in particular," I muttered.

"Well then, why don't we just see about that then," he growled, his pointed teeth elongating and his voice growing deeper.

"I will rip you to shreds. Limb by limb. I will destroy you, Rosalie Ryker. I will kill-"

"Dude, shut the fuck up."

I drew my legs towards my chest for momentum before I sprung towards my feet, pulling my gun from my thigh holster and taking aim, shooting the clown straight in the chest.

He let out an inhuman shriek, clutching his claws to his chest. The Rake sprung from the forest, lunging itself towards me before I shot it in mid air. One shot and it fell to the ground, shriveling up and skittering away like a demented spider.

"So long, Jack," I spat before shooting him again in the head.

He screamed, a strange substance leaking from the wounds.

I drew from my pocket something I had acquired from my father. A small device that once attached to a being, would emit some sort of electrical waves that would import the being to HP's jailing system for the truly fucked up and inhuman.

I pressed the small triangular metal onto the Laughing Jack's cheek and stepped back, watching the device do its magic.

Yellow lightning strikes erupted from the device, surrounding Jack in its own lightening storm, consuming his screaming frame until he was no longer before me.

I walked over and picked up my rifle, dusting it off. I stretched my sore and bruised body, noticing a new cut had formed on my bottom lip as I could feel blood trickle down my chin. My right cheekbone was left tender from my falls. I felt like I had been hit by a truck, not The Rake.

"My my, that was impressive indeed, little one."

I froze.

Fuck.