Chapter 1: Is This The End?

Here's the official first chapter! Enjoy reading your little Amuto hearts out ;)
***********************************

Hinamori Amu, who was now 21 years old was walking through a city crowd, in Tokyo.

"I'm here, Amu-chan. Don't worry," Hearing Tadase's voice comforted her. Their hands intertwined with one another as they headed towards the central garden. He had called Amu to have an urgent talk with her in the center of the city. She hasn't heard of her boyfriend for a while now, since he had also left Japan for business trips from time to time. Seeing that he wanted to talk to her in person, excited her.

Once they made it to the park, they sat down on a nearby bench, and sat there silently for a while.

"Um. Tadase-kun?" She asked to break the silence. He snapped back to reality and sheepishly smiled.

"Oh...sorry.. I just blanked out," He answered. Amu could definitely see that.

"I haven't seen you in a while. Thank you for meeting me in person today," She said gratefully, tightly holding his hands on her lap. Tadase smiled but in a pitiful way.

"Amu-chan...I'm going to be leaving shortly again, to South Korea," He muttered. Amu's smile slightly faded.

"Oh, it's fine. I'll see you again when you come back, right?" He didn't respond. "Right?"

"Amu-chan....listen," He began. Amu listened intently, yet she had a bad feeling. "I really do care about you but, with seeing you and being occupied with my work, they just don't work well together..anymore..." She released her hands from his grasp and looked down.

"So....I'm a distraction?" Her lips trembled.

"No no no. You're REALLY not. You're a very dear friend of mine. It's just that, we aren't kids anymore..."

"WHAT'S THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN!?" Her tone of voice grew louder.

"...I'm breaking up with you..." The whirring sound of the wind, brushed past them, lashing the dry leaves that had fallen to the ground.

"W-What?" Amu choked on her dry tears.

"I don't want to hurt you because I have no time to be with you. I want to protect you from my business...so breaking up was the best option...."

"B-best option?" Her eyes started to water.

"I-I know it's hard. It was hard enough for me too. I-I'm sorry...." He started to shiver but his lips were in a straight line. Amu immediately stood up and put on a painful smile.

"I understand. You really care about your business and you want to make sure I don't get hurt when you're too busy to not spend time with me," She said, holding back her sniffles.

"Y-Yeah...." He said hesitantly. She then instinctively patted his head which surprised him.

"Let's still be friends, okay?" Tadase stood up as well and smiled.

"Of course!" They shook hands and finally parted ways.

****
Amu walked helplessly through the streets of Tokyo. She started to head home. She still lived with her parents since she couldn't afford to get an apartment yet. Ami was now in middle school and she was part of the Guardians. She has her own Guardian character now, but Amu was unable to see any of her Guardian Characters.

Is this the end?

"Ran, Miki, Su, Dia....I miss you all so much," Tears started to cascade down her face.

"Be happy, Amu-chan!"She heard Ran say, faintly.

"Turn that frown upside down," Su would say.

"We're always here for you!" That was no one other than Miki.

"Your Guardian Characters will always be by your side," Dia's soft and gentls voice spoke.

Amu had realized that even if she couldn't see them anymore, she knew they rested within her heart. She looked up to the sky and laughed, which helped dry the tears.

"Thank you... for sticking with me all this time," Images of Ran, Miki, Su, and Dia appeared before her, smiling. Amu happily walked home. Right when she turned to a corner, her eyes widened in fear of the sight.

She saw Tadase holding hands with another girl. They were smiling and acting lovey dovey with one another. Amu tried to move but she couldn't control her weak legs. When she should have felt hurt, she felt nothing, nothing but the cold wind that slashed her pale face.

Once Tadase eyes had met hers, she ran as far away as she could. Fortunately, she ended up right in her front of her house. She took a deep breath and opened the door, being greeted by the loud and annoying Ami.

"Big Sis! Welcome home!" She said cheerfully, jumping into her arms.

"Welcome home dear!" Papa said cheerfully.

"Someone is waiting for you upstairs," Mama said, while cooking some fresh pasta. Amu could barely speak so she tried to put on a smile, and it seemed to do the trick. She kissed her little sisters cheek and went upstairs to her room. She was still obsessed with pink so her carpet, and bedding haven't changed. However, she did remove most of her 'cool and spicy' clothes and started getting into more navy and dulled out colors.

This particular day though, she felt as if she was in a pitch black room. Without her Guardian Characters by her side, she felt lost and alone. Once she opened the door, she almost fainted at who she saw.

"I-Ikuto?" The midnight blue haired cat looked and acted the same way they first met.

"Yo," He said with a wink. As you might expect, Amu would have yelled her face off and physically drag him out of her room. But this time, in one of her weakest states, she ran to him and buried herself in his chest, crying and screaming.

"IKUTO....you IDIOT!!!" She cried.

"A-Amu.." His eyes widened when he felt her trembling. He had never seen her cry to him like this before. He realized how hard it must have been for her, without seeing her friends or her Guardian Characters. He was 24 and still missed Yoru dearly. He wrapped his arms around her and hugged her firmly. He nuzzled his face in her hair and whispered,

"It's okay. I'm right here,"

***********************************

Damn..... I haven't written something this dramatic before...or is it just me?

Anyways, it won't stay this dramatic. STAY TUNED!!