Chapter 2: Goodnight My Princess

Here is another chapter for you. They come out every Saturday. Hope you enjoy!
***********************************

"It's okay. I'm right here,"

Feeling Ikuto's arms, Amu had felt immediately relieved.

"Why are you hugging me..." She muttered, her face still pressed against his soft chest.

"You're cute when you cry. I couldn't resist," He said with a smirk. She was about to punch him until her arm fell to her side. She put more weight on him, and closed her eyes. "You're even cuter when you sleep," He whispered in her ear. He carefully lifted her up, and placed her on the bed. He took off her hair accessories and placed them on her empty desk.

"I-Ikuto..." She moaned, twisting into her sleeping position. He couldn't hold his laugh.

"Rest, my princess," He pulled over the covers and gave her a warm kiss on the head before heading out of her room.

Now, you may be wondering how Ikuto got to Amu's house. He had finished his tour with the orchestra and decided to stop by Japan. Once he realized Amu still lived with her parents, he wanted to spend as much time with her.

So, he offered to take care of Amu with letting her parents know of course. Amu's dad was originally going to decline the offer but her mom knew they were going on vacation without her because she hasn't found a sustainable job yet. She was worried that she would be lonely by herself, but she found the perfect one to take care of her for the time being. Ikuto gladly accepted the offer, if it meant being by her side.

Ikuto went downstairs alone and sat with Amu's family for dinner.

"Is she not coming down?" Papa asked him as he passed the noodles.

"Is Big Sis not hungry?" Ami-chan said.

"I heard her crying..." Mom said faintly. Papa immediately slammed the table which shocked everyone.

"DID YOU HURT MY DAUGHTER!?" He exclaimed, giving Ikuto the most deadliest glare.

"She had a bad day. She just doesn't feel well right now," Ikuto explained. Mom grabbed a few snacks from the kitchen cabinets and handed it to him.

"Can you at least offer these to her when you go up? She needs to have something in her stomach," Ikuto smiled thoughtfully and took them from her. After dinner, they all said good night. Ikuto was currently staying in their guest bedroom which was right next door to Amu's.

"Ikuto-nissan!!! I want to play!!" Ami- san whined, tugging on Ikuto's shirt.

"Dear, he needs to get some rest too," Papa said, prying her off him. Ikuto kneeled down to her and kissed her cheek.

"Goodnight Princess," Glitters sparkled in her eyes. She happily went to her room, dragging Papa with her.

"Goodnight Ikuto," Papa genuinely replied.

"Goodnight sir," Ikuto quietly went into Amu's room, and found her sitting upright on her bed, hugging her knees.

"You finally woke up," Amu immediately faced his direction and blushed.

"W-What the hell are you doing here anyway!? How did Mama and Papa even ALLOW you to be here," She freaked as she usually did in front of him. He smiled at the fact she was her normal self again and sat on the edge of the bed.

"Let me explain," He basically told her how he got there and why he did.

"W-WAIT A SECOND!! Are you going to be LIVING HERE!?" Amu freaked. Ikuto leaned in closer to her and smirked.

"Maybe...." She started to blush.

"MAYBE!?!!?" Ikuto started to twirl her hair in his fingers.

"What? Surprised? It's not like I haven't stayed with you before," He was correct about that. Back then, when he had nowhere to stay, Amu's place was where he would go. Amu somehow allowed it.

"I-I know....but still...." She murmurred, hugging her knees tighter. "You brought chips?" She asked, pointing to the chips on his lap.

"Your mom doesn't want you to sleep on an empty stomach," He answered, handing it to her. She opened the bag and started nibbling on a few. Ikuto slighty blushed and looked away.

"I'm sorry...." She said after she finished.

"Sorry for what?" He took the empty bag from her and threw it in the trash.

"For acting like a crybaby....before..." He flicked her head, making her boil in rage.

"HEY!" She yelled, rubbing her forehead.

"Don't apologize for being sad. No one can control your emotions..." He said, with a harsh tone to it. Amu's heart beat skipped little by little.

"I-Ikuto..." He had turned off the lights and started to tuck himself in her bed. "H-Hey what are you doing!?"

"Sleeping," He said bluntly.

"SLEEP IN YOUR OWN ROOM GODDAMNIT!" She screamed, with steam coming out of her head.

"I have to make sure you have someone with you. I don't want you to be alone," Amu was taken aback by his answer. It seemed like he didn't mean it as a flirt. Even after all these years, he still genuinely cared about her. He could have been with any other girl but even after traveling all over the world, he still only cared about her. Amu smiled at the thought.
"Go sleep. I'm tired," He said, pulling her down.

"EKK! IKUTO!!"

"Shut up,"

"GAH-" His hands intertwined with hers  as they rested in between them. He closed his eyes, giving Amu a close shot of his beautiful, long eyelashes. Deja vu hit her. She vividly remembered the time when they were this close. "Why were you crying?" Her eyes widened, and she felt a sharp sting in her heart. He opened his eyes and looked at her, deeply, begging for an answer.

"He broke up with me...." She said, straight to the point.

"Really? Tadase?" He seemed pretty surprised. She just nodded. "You never change..." Her eyebrows furrowed.

"What's that supposed to mean-" He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close to him, just enough so that her face was deep in his chest.

"My princess always needs to be protected," Her heart beat was so loud, she could barely hear anything but the comfort of his voice. She wanted to pull away but she couldn't. She wanted to be protected by his warmth, so the only thing she could do was embrace it. She leaned in closer to him, which surprised him, but he felt relieved.

"Goodnight my Princess," He whispered as he kissed her forehead.