Chapter 12: Accepted

I decided to post this one a little bit early because I already had this chapter made beforehand. Hope you enjoy! 

***************************************************************************************

Amu opened her eyes to find herself, lying on her bed. She turned to her side, and realized that she was alone in her room. She immediately blushed just thinking about expecting Ikuto right beside her.

"H-How did I get here so quickly?" She moaned, scratching her eyes. Downstairs, Ikuto was in the kitchen, preparing breakfast. The memories of the other night were playing nonstop in his head.

***

Her lips slowly left his cheek. The soft impression of her lips would be forever be sealed within him. Their eyes met once again, only inches apart. He wiped her tears with his thumbs and cupped her face once again. She pressed her hand against his left hand and closed her eyes. They both began to lean in. Once their lips were about to touch, her head sank into his neck.

"A-Amu?" He whispered. She started to let out soft snores. He sighed and wrapped his arms around her, and rested his head on hers. "You're making me go crazy.....idiot..."

He jolted once the cab came to a complete stop. Ikuto payed the driver and put Amu on his back. Once he made it to her room, he gently placed her on the mattress and tucked her in. He sat on the edge of the bed and just stared at her, hopelessly. He realized he was leaning in again into her lips, but he immediately stopped himself. He couldn't force her to love him the way he did. But sometimes, he wished he didn't have to wait too long.

"I'll always love you...no matter what you say to push me away..." He whispered, even though she couldn't hear him. He laughed softly at himself. "I'm the idiot.....I'm the one that left you..." He held her hand tightly and kissed it. "I promise, I'll make it up to you,"

****

His face steamed hot red. He realized he was getting crazier and crazier over her, almost to the point where he couldn't trust himself to keep his guard up.

"Morning...." He heard, Amu say behind her. He turned around and smiled.

"Morning sleepy head..." He joked. She rolled her eyes and sat down at the table. She yawned and stretched her arms, making Ikuto's heart beat insanely.

"Did the mail come in today?" Amu moaned, barely keeping her head up.

"Yeah. It came by a few minutes ago," He responded. She nodded and got up. She grabbed her jacket and went to get it. It was a little chilly even it was bright and sunny outside. She could care less, especially when she found out what she got in the mail. Her eyes widened and her mouth dropped open. Her hands were shaking as she held the paper in her hand.

"IKUTO!!!" She squealed as she blasted through the door. Ikuto, who was shocked as hell, was squeezed tightly by her arms.

"Woah...what happened?" Ikuto said, confused. She looked up with tears streaming down her face. "Why are you crying!? Did someone hurt you-"

"I got ACCEPTED!" She cried in tears of joy. He had to take a moment to take it all in. She excitedly gave him the paper. When he finished reading it, he messed up her hair.

"I can't believe you did it, dumbhead," He said with a smirk.

"Well I did, you pervy cat!" She shot back, poking his nose.

"Oh you're getting it this time, Hinamori Amu," He said, slyly tickling her ribs. She started to laugh again, moving towards the couch.

"I know your tickle spot too!" She said, attacking him back. He flinched trying not to laugh, but it was too late. He fell on top of her, on the couch, laughing like crazy.

"Alright stop! You win," He said, trying to catch his breath. However, Amu couldn't stop laughing. Her smile, sent him miles away. She had stopped when she saw him staring at her, with his genuine smile. Her heart started to beat. His arms were on either side of her waist, as she was laying down. Seeing his face up close, almost made her heart explode.

"I couldn't have done it without you..." She muttered, hesitantly holding his shirt, bringing him closer. He cupped her face in his hands and leaned in until their foreheads touched.

"I'll always believe in you, Amu," He whispered, looking through her golden eyes with his blue ones. Everything around them had disappeared. It was just the two of them, in their own little universe. Their worlds that have been apart for so long where only gazing was allowed, was about to come together in perfect harmony.

"Ikuto...." She said softly, closing her eyes, and bringing her lips closer to his. Only centimeters away, Ikuto's phone was ringing loudly. They both stopped and looked at his phone, on the table.

"I'll get it," He said awkwardly, getting up from the couch. Amu sat up, her heart beating uncontrollably. "Oh, Utau...."

"Big Brother! Are you and Amu ready yet? The train will be leaving in two hours. Just a heads up," Utau said over the phone, trying to control her excitement.

"Not yet, but we'll be there soon," He answered.

"Alright, well don't take too long!" She finally said before hanging up. He put the phone down and turned to Amu who was still trying to recover from that instantaneous moment.

"We have to get ready..." He replied. She nodded and started to walk upstairs, trying so hard to spontaneously combust in front of him.