Chapter 4: Job Interview

Sorry I haven't updated in a while. Here is another chapter for you!

***************************************************************************************

They entered the train, but there were no seats available so they had to stand, holding onto the same pole. They didn't make any conversation but just stood there waiting for it to go.

"AH-" The train had suddenly moved, that Amu had lost her balance but Ikuto was able to catch her in time.

"My princess is so clumsy..." He sighed holding her, still.

"Don't say that out loud..." She murmured, standing upright. "I miss everyone...." Ikuto didn't respond, but he was listening intently. "Ran, Miki, Su, Dia... Don't you miss Yoru?"

"I miss him every day..." He sighed. Yoru was always annoying, but because of him, Ikuto didn't feel so alone. His cheeks turned pink when he saw Amu looking at him, sincerely. Her smile blew him away. They hadn't realized the train had stopped.

"Oh, anyway. We're almost there," Amu said, clearing her throat. They walked through the busy streets of Tokyo and went inside a 5 story high building. Ikuto looked up to see a big Sephora sign.

"You're aiming for a makeup company?" He asked her, cocking his head.

"Yeah.....working at Forever 21 isn't good enough, so I wanted to step up my game," She said shyly as they entered the elevator. It was just the two of them inside. "You don't have to stay here..."

"I know silly. What time will you be finished?" He asked, leaning his back against the elevator wall.

"In about an hour or so," She responded, nerves hitting her again. That was enough time for Ikuto to go to Tadase's work. He was going to make things straight with his stepbrother, for hurting Amu so suddenly. "Ikuto? You seem bothered by something," She asked worriedly.

"Oh- sorry. Don't worry about me," He said shamefully. They were on the designated floor and they exited out of it. Amu led the way to a door and stopped to face him. "Good luck. You'll do great," He gave her a warm hug which brightened Amu a little bit.

"Thank you, Ikuto. I'll see you soon," She said happily, walking into the room. Ikuto headed out of the building and straight to Tadase's workplace.

Hotori Corporations was a very popular company in Tokyo and it continued to grow through social media worldwide. From the recent news he'd seen, they were currently in a contract with one of South Korea's biggest companies and they seem to have been doing well. It kind of made him smile that his stepbrother had now become a man of his own, but he was still pissed about him dumping Amu for another girl, without even telling her straight.

He entered through golden doors and was 'warmly' greeted by security.

"Who are you and what is your purpose being her," One of the security asked him harshly.

"Tskyomi Ikuto. I'm Hotori Tadase's stepbrother. I would like to see him if he isn't busy," He answered with no hesitation in his response. They nodded respectfully.

"Follow me. He's getting ready for his trip so you are just in time," The other security guard brought him up the red-carpeted stairs to the very top floor. Tadase's office was covered in glass panes and his ceilings were filled with chandeliers.

"Damn. He really is a king," Ikuto said under his breath, feeling a little jealous.

"Your step brother Ikuto is here to see you, sir," The guard announced. Tadase turned his chair over to face them. He was wearing a suit with a blue tie similar to his school uniform back then.

"Ikuto-nissan!?" He said smiling. Ikuto nodded and smiled back.

"Yo little king," Tadase stood up and fist bumped him.

"I haven't seen you in a while. I see Utau-nee-chan more often now," Tadase said, gesturing him to take a seat.

"Yeah...I don't come back to Japan that often," Ikuto said, taking a seat. Tadase sat in his grand chair and started to pile papers.

"I never really get any visits, especially from you. I'm kind of glad you came to see me," He said genuinely.

"You seem to have a growing business. I'm impressed, really," Ikuto complimented, taking the view.

"Really? Well, I'm trying..." He murmured. After he finished organizing his papers, he started to put them in a binder that was placed in a leather suitcase. "So, why did you actually come?" There was silence for a moment but Ikuto was glad he noticed.

"I'm here to talk about Amu," He said, straightforward. Tadase had suddenly stopped and looked down, shamefully.

"So you know..." He whispered. Ikuto sat up and leaned forward.

"She cried in my arms yesterday. I've never seen her so depressed in my life. What surprised me the most was that it was you who hurt her," He went on. Tadase had a painful look on his face but he faced Ikuto like a real man and spoke.

"It's true, I hurt her. I'm a fool for breaking up with her for a reason I made up. I couldn't help myself. I fell in love with another woman. She has always been a good friend of mine, but I guess I only saw her as that, and nothing more. I don't really know how to even speak with her anymore. I'm a jerk for letting her go," He explained. Ikuto was taken away by his response, but he was glad that he was making decisions for himself.

"I'll take care of her," Ikuto stood up while Tadase looked at him surprised. "If you let her go, I will protect her and love her so she can be herself again," He stated. Tadase smiled and nodded.

"She's perfect for you, Ikuto-niisan. Thank you,"

***
Amu had finished her interview with the manager of Sephora. She felt very confident that she nailed her responses. She always wanted to learn more about the makeup industry even if she wasn't as great with using makeup. As she opened the door, she saw Ikuto waiting down the hall, looking aimlessly through a window.

"Ikuto!" She said happily, nudging his shoulder. He looked at her and smiled.

"So, how did it go?" He said, rubbing her head. She rolled her eyes and pushed away his hand.

"I think I nailed it. I can't wait to see if I get accepted!" She said cheerfully.

"As expected from my princess," He said, smirking. Amu flicked his nose and walked out the door with him beside her.

"Let's go eat somewhere. I'm kinda hungry," She suggested. Ikuto took her hand by surprise and held her close.

"Oh? So are you taking me on a date?" He asked slyly. Amu's face immediately reddened.

"N-No! It's just a lunch. I owe you one from last night," She freaked.

"It's still a date if it's just me and you," He whispered in her ear, sending shivers down her spine. She furrowed her eyebrows and sighed.

"Fine. It's a date," Ikuto eyes widened for a second. She opened one eye and looked at him. "W-what!? If that shuts you up, then it's worth it,"

"You are worth it," He said, smiling. Amu's heart started to skip once again. "So where are we going?" He asked. Amu blinked and looked forward.

"R-Right! This way!" She shouted out, walking briskly. The one thing that made Ikuto's heart skip was that she wasn't aware she was holding his hand tightly through the crowd.