Chapter 13: Train Reunion

"Ready to go?" Ikuto asked her, with all of the suitcases. Amu ran down the stairs and offered to carry some of the bags. He didn't stop her.

"Yeah. Let's go," She said, cheerfully. They didn't talk much after that. She could barely keep her distance from him due to her trembling legs every time she took a step forward. Similarly, Ikuto didn't feel the urge to say something to her. He replayed the moment they had earlier over and over again as if he thought it was a dream. He smiled at the thought that there might still be some hope for him.

"There you guys are!" Utau shouted, running over to Amu while Kukai helped Ikuto with the luggage. "Everyone is on the train already! Go say hi to everyone!" Amu gulped, staring at the train. She knew that inside, she would see her friends that she hasn't seen in years. Once she opened the train door, she immediately froze. Rima, Yaya, Nagihiko, and Kairi were staring right at her. Silence filled the air until Yaya was the first one to break the ice.

"AMU-CHAN!!!!" She cried out, jumping out of her seat and into her arms. Amu started to shake as she wrapped her arms around her small stature.

"Yaya...." She whimpered, trying to hold back her tears.

"Amu! Where have you been all this time!" Rima joined the group hug.

"Welcome back, Hinamori-san," Kairi and Nagihiko followed afterward. Amu felt like she didn't deserve their warm welcome, but she was glad that they weren't mad at her for avoiding them.

Ikuto and the others were shocked to see everyone hovering around Amu, squeezing her to death.

"Well, that was a very quick reunion," Kukai laughed in awe. The look on Amu's face brightened Ikuto's mood.

"I'm glad they're finally spending time together again. It's pretty cute," Utau giggled. "Alright, guys! Take your seats! We're finally heading out of Tokyo!" Everyone shouted in joy as they took their spots.

Ikuto wanted to sit next to Amu, but he felt that it was right for her and her friends to catch up with their business. He sat near the front of the train, gazing through the window.

On the other hand, Amu was chatting with Rima and Yaya with Amu in the middle of their three seaters.

"So so so!? How are you!! We haven't heard from you in a while," Yaya started off.

"I-I'm good, better now that we're together again," Amu muttered.

"Awww," The girls said in unison. Rima slipped her arm underneath Amu's and squeezed it tightly.

"We know you were busy with finding a job. You didn't have to hide it from us," Rima mumbled. Amu jolted and continuously shuffled back and forth between her friends.

"Y-You knew?"

"Of course we knew. We know you too well Hinamori-san!" Kairi added, sitting next to the seat behind them.

"O-Oh.....then it really is my fault," Amu sighed and leaned back, being one with the seat. "I'm really sorry for avoiding you all this time. I just wanted to be something that would make you proud..." Nadeshiko moved to the seat right across from the girls. He placed his hand on her shoulder and held it firmly.

"You are you, Amu. That's what we're proud of," She had to blink her eyes since she forgot how beautiful he looked. "Job or not, we love you because of your personality. You don't need to be embarrassed about anything," Her lips trembled and started to cry.

"Don't cry, Hinamori-san," Kairi comforted.

"And I thought I was the baby!" Yaya giggled.

On the other hand, Ikuto wanted to sleep but was disturbed by the loud ones at the back of the train. Even without Yoru, his ears were still sensitive. He never felt this empty without Yoru. It used to be just him and Yoru, against Easter, and against the world. Of course, he still had Amu but it just wasn't the same without him.