Chapter 17: Like We Used To Be

Amu was currently in the shower, getting ready for the double date in a couple of hours. She had forgotten about Tadase and what he did to her. The awful feeling returned, and she didn't like it one bit.

"Don't worry. I'll be there right by your side no matter what," Ikuto had told her after, wrapping her in his arms. She was shivering but knew he was going to protect her.

Once she dried herself, she realized she got texts from her parents. She scrolled through the long paragraph. They terribly missed her and said they were going home two days after. She was happy for them. She was going to have to tell them about her relationship with Ikuto, but she has a day or two to figure that out.

"Can't wait to see you soon! Say hi to Ami for me," She responded back, before freshening herself up.

Ikuto put on some casual clothes and fixed his hair. He had time to recollect his thoughts from their very first successful kiss. It all happened perfectly and at the right time. He wanted to hold her forever in his arms, and never let her go. He was surely aware he was going crazy but he couldn't help falling for her.

Once he was ready, he opened the door and realized that both him and Amu got out of their rooms at the same time. His cheeks turned pink, seeing Amu in a gorgeous light blue outfit. He smiled looking at her from head to toe.

"I-Ikuto....do I look-"

"You look amazing," She gulped at his response. He stepped closer and cupped her face in his hands."My little Amu is all grown up," Her heart pounded, as he let her go, tangling her hand with his.

"Let's not keep them waiting," Amu responded before walking out with him by her side.

***

They were meeting Tadase and his fiance in front of his business building. Amu felt uncomfortable being around it every day, haunting her last memory of him.

"It's okay. Just relax. I'm right here," Ikuto consoled, holding her hand tightly. She felt so relieved, her heart couldn't take the feeling. She couldn't believe, after taking a few more steps, the face of a boy she once loved was right in front of her.

"Amu.....Ikuto, thank you for coming," Tadase greeted, bowing his head a little to show respect. His voice shivered down Amu's spine.

"T-Tadase-"

"Little brother, are you going to introduce your girlfriend?" Ikuto interrupted. She had completely forgotten she was right beside him. His girlfriend was definitely the one she saw at Ginger Dragon. The girl didn't seem to recognize her. Maybe that was a good sign.

"Oh, right! This is _, my....fiance...She grew up in South Korea," Tadase introduced her as she stepped forward to shake Amu's hand.

"Nice to meet you Hinamori-san! I've heard all about you," She said cheerfully, dimples flawlessly proportioned from her smile. Amu gulped knowing she was way out of her league.

"Hi...._." She said awkwardly, leaning closer to Ikuto. _ then geared towards Ikuto who was clearly taller than she expected. Amu noticed that her eye twitched when she glanced at her for a split second.

"You must be Hinamori-san's girlfriend," She greeted, also giving him a handshake.

"Indeed I am. Nice to meet you _." He responded back, returning the favor. Amu smiled a little and was a bit nervous knowing that she and Ikuto were in a romantic relationship.

"Let's go then, shall we?" Tadase cleared his throat and led the way. He stayed near the front of the group, along with _ holding his hand. She glanced back once in a while to see how Amu and Ikuto were holding up. Ikuto managed to entangle his arm with her, no matter how much she refused to.