Chapter 10: Kukai Souma

"We're here!" The boys shouted out, as the van had made it's final stop. Everyone got out of the car quickly, while Ikuto and Amu waited for them to let them out.

"A-Amu...we should...." Ikuto started, when he noticed that they weren't moving at all.

"O-Oh right..." She said, awkwardly letting him go. A sharp sting hit her heart once their fingertips had been separated from each other's grasp. Ikuto had the same exact feeling as they exited the car.

Ginger Dragon was an extravagant restaurant. It had it's own patio and customized roof top, with lights illuminating the structure. The inside was just as great with it's decorative carpeted floors and round tables with vanilla white table cloth. Candles were perfectly arranged in the center of the tables as well has the cups and utensils.

"Woah..." Amu said in awe.

"This was the cheapest one we could afford," Utau chuckled. Amu definitely knew that the Tsukyomi family was way out of her league. Ikuto was used to the expensive and elegant environment so he just ended up shrugging it off.

"Utau! Over here!" A familiar voice shouted out from the distance. Amu's eyes widened to see who it was. It was no one other than her favorite school athlete,  Kukai Souma.

"K-Kukai-kun?" Amu stuttered. Kukai's eyes widened when he saw her.

"Hinamori AMU!" He shouted out obnoxiously, running over to them. His heavy arm rested on her two frail shoulders. "It's been forever and A HALF since I last saw you! How are you-" Utau's bag smacked across his face before he could even finish his sentence. Amu immediately backed away with her mouth wide open.

"She can CLEARLY hear you, dummy!" Utau said angrily as Kukai rubbed his head.

"Ah, sorry sweetie. I just haven't seen my Guardian friend in a long time," He said, linking arms with his beloved as he escorted her and the rest of the group to their reserved table. Amu was restraining herself from fan girling over their relationship. It was one of a kind. The band members had their own table to themselves, while Amu, Ikuto, Kukai, and Utau had their own table.

"Look how much you've grown! You were like THIS short when I last saw you," Kukai started, using his hands to show how tall she was.

"Well, we were in middle school back then. You look taller yourself, but that hairstyle remains the same till this day," Amu joked. They both started to laugh, leaving Ikuto and Utau out of the conversation. Ikuto didn't know Kukai very well, other than the fact that he and Tadase were great friends. He didn't mind letting him talk to Amu since they haven't seen each other in a while.

"When is the food coming?" Ikuto had suddenly said, breaking Kukai and Amu's conversation.

"Chef's choice! And their food is delicious!" Kukai responded.

"It really is," Utau added on.

"Wow...chef's choice....how am I going to pay for this?" Amu replied. Suddenly, the three of them started laughing at her. "W-What's wrong!?"

"Why do you always think you need to compensate for something? We already paid for all of it," Kukai chuckled. "You surely haven't changed," Even Ikuto let out a laugh or two.

"I always feel bad for you guys. You're giving me treats and experiences I could never afford. I owe you so much..." Amu whimpered. Ikuto rested his hand on her head and rubbed it gently.

"It's alright, Amu," He consoled with a beautiful smile that brightened her day.

"Our friendship is worth more than money," Utau continued.