Chapter 11: Unexpected Encounter

Sorry for the late update!

***************************************************************************************

"Why did we have to go to the bathroom?" Amu asked Utau, where they were isolated from everyone else outside. Utau sighed and crossed her arms. Amu started to sweat, wondering what the fierce Utau might do to her.

"What happened between you and Tadase?" She questioned. Amu was not surprised she went straight to the point. Although, she knew that Utau would find out eventually. Amu looked down at her feet before answering.

"We.......broke up," Utau had wondered why Ikuto was around her all the time. There was silence for a long while. "U-Utau...I'm sorry for not telling-" She was cut off by her warm embrace.

"Be strong Amu," She whispered. Amu's eyes started to water as she wrapped her arms around her. She nodded and sniffled. They cuddled for a little bit, until they knew it was time to go back to the boys. As they opened the bathroom door, Amu had frozen into stiff ice.

"Oh sorry, excuse me," It was a girl who she vividly remembered. The girl went right past them and when the door finally closed behind them, Amu sank to her knees.

"Amu! Are you okay? Who was that?" Utau knelt down and placed her hand on her back, worriedly. She shook her head and stood back up, merely searching the restaurant for 'him'. Her eyes finally stopped when she saw a blonde boy in a suit. "Amu?"

"Tadase's girlfriend....." She answered, hoarsely. Utau's mouth dropped. The woman they saw was extremely pretty and seemed to have a cheery personality. All of those personalities fit Tadase's liking perfectly. Amu especially knew, since she knew him ever since.

"We got to go then. He can't see you here," Utau whispered sharply. Amu nodded in agreement and stayed in low profile. Suddenly, they saw Kukai and Ikuto walking towards Tadase. Amu was about to spontaneously combust but Utau had found an opportunity.

"Yo, little king," Ikuto called out to Tadase. He was currently sitting at the table, waiting for his date. He wondered where that familiar voice came from.

"Ikuto-nissan and Kukai-san!?" Tadase responded, surprisingly. Kukai grinned and messed up his hair.

"Yo Tadase! I haven't seen you in a while!" He grinned.

"It's been that long, huh..." Tadase sighed. He felt bad for being too occupied with his business. He barely kept in touch with Rima, Yaya, Nadeshiko, and Kairi. He didn't make plans with his best friend Kukai. Ikuto and Utau were always out of reach. And worst of all, he let Amu go. "Again, sorry that I can't go to the camp weekend you guys all planned," He said ashamed.

"Don't sweat it. I'm sure we'll meet again someday. I'm sure Amu misses you," Kukai replied with a wink. Tadase had gone cold just hearing her name. Ikuto subtly stepped on Kukai's foot, hoping he got the picture, and he did. "Oh....so that's why you're here...." He whispered, with a little pain in his voice.

"I still feel really bad.... she must be angry with what I did..." Tadase sighed. "Is she here with you guys?" The boys froze for a split second before Ikuto made the first move. He took his phone out his pocket and pretended to see a notification.

"I have to go. See you both," He said bluntly, leaving Kukai speechless. He was pissed that Ikuto left him out of the open. As Ikuto started to luckily escape the conversation, Kukai opened his mouth, trying to make some excuse.

"I haven't seen her yet. I'm just on a date with Utau...."

***

As the boys were talking, Utau and Amu slowly walked towards the exit of the restaurant, with Utau blocking Tadase's every possible view of Amu's strawberry hair. To be honest, they were both nervous that it wouldn't work, but knowing Kukai, he was able to start a long lasting conversation.

"I'll take her from here," A familiar voice whispered as their arm entangled with Amu's.

"Big Brother! Finally!" Utau whispered harshly. She turned to Amu and hugged her once more. "I'll see you tomorrow. We'll be at the train station, 12:00 in the afternoon,"

"See you tomorrow, Utau. And thank you," Amu praised.

"Go home safely, sis," Ikuto replied. Utau smiled and sent them off.

It was just Amu and Ikuto, alone at last. After walking for five minutes, they had finally realized how long it would take them to go home. She started to shiver, and her breath was getting hoarse.

"It's getting really chilly," She said softly. Ikuto sighed and unzipped his hoodie. Amu had to blink twice to comprehend what he was doing. He took his arm out of the left sleeve and wrapped the left side around her. He gestured her to put her left arm in it, and she did. His free arm wrapped around her waist, making her flinch. But, she leaned into it, using her right arm to cover  her stomach.

"Is that better?" He asked. Amu felt ten times hotter, now that their bodies were pressed together as they walked back.

"T-Thanks....but don't get any ideas," She muttered, resting her head under his neck. He looked at her and smiled. Halfway there, they found a taxi and were able to take it easy the rest of the way.

"Are you excited for the weekend?" Ikuto decided to ask her in the taxi. She looked up at him and pouted.

"Of course! I want to see all of my friends again!" She defended. He laughed at how aggravated she was from that simple question. "You wouldn't understand since you don't have any," Ikuto nodded affirmatively.

"Touche," There was an overwhelming silence, until Amu started to talk about what had happened back at Ginger Dragon.

"I saw her...." Her voice started to become frail. Ikuto looked at her, confused until he finally found the reason why Tadase was there.

"Tadase's girlfriend.....right?" He questioned. She nodded, trembling in his arms.

"Now that I saw her....she's the perfect match for Tadase...." Tears started to stream down her face, alerting Ikuto to do something.

"No wonder why he broke up with-" Her eyes widened when Ikuto lips pressed against her wet cheek. He then cupped her face in his hands and looked deeply into her golden eyes.

"Don't think you aren't better than that girl. I love you so much because you are yourself. Never think that you are lower than everyone else Hinamori Amu. If Tadase doesn't realize how incredible you are, then he does not deserve you," He said to her straight. It took Amu a while to take it all in, but she smiled and nodded.

"Okay.." She sniffled, and decided to do what Ikuto did not ever expect. She lifted her head up and pressed her soft lips against his warm cheek. Ikuto was inevitably shocked as his heart starting pounding harder than it ever did before.