열두:Twelve

·Justice·

"Are you a drug dealer?" I say.

I let the faithful words slip from my mouth carefully. I don't want to seem like I'm being nosey, but needed to know. I needed to know, if I wanted this relationship.

I know it's wrong to get into his personal life, but I'm his girlfriend and its fair for me to know what I've gotten myself into.

I can tell that he's distraught by my question, by how his face scrunches up. What if this was a sign? What if he is and he wants me to be his trap princess?

"No." He says.

I sigh in relief, but my body immediately tenses back up. He is lying, or I think he is.

"What about when I hugged you, and you smelled like smoke?" I ask.

"I work for my dad's car company. I'm around cars before and after school." He says.

"Well, what about when you were yelling at that guy at your party?" I ask.

He dips his head. He runs his hands through his hair, and rubs his face.

He pulls on his short chin hair, and huffs slightly.

"That was nothing. I had to straighten him out for somebody." He says.

"For who?" I ask.

"Nobody. It's not important, but I don't sell drugs." He says.

"Grayson, I want to believe you." I say.

"You should." He says.

"I want to." I say.

"Want to? Either you do or you don't, Justice." He says, raising his voice.

"I do, but you make it hard." I say.

"How?" He asks.

"Valentine's Day." I say.

"What?" He asks.

"How did you afford all if that stuff?" I ask.

"We live in Beverly hills. You should be surprised if I couldn't afford it." He says.

He's right. I had no real proof. If I accuse him of some, I at least needed some evidence. I felt bad for misjudging him. I didn't want to be one of those girlfriends that didn't trust their partner.

"I'm sorry." I say, dipping my head.

"No,no. It's fine." He says, raising my head up by my chin.

"No it's not. I've been thinking about this for awhile now. I should've just come to you." I say.

"Justice. It's okay. You're asking me now. That lets me know that you care about me and what I do." He says.