Chapter Six: The Truth

Walking hesitantly towards the two bikers, I bit the inside of my lip when they looked up at me.  I counted four bikes; so David was still there, he'd just left.  Neither said a word to me as I stepped closer but they didn't make a move to stop me either.

"Where's David?" I asked quietly but the blonde smirked, looking over at the brunet.

"I dunno, d'you, Dwayne?"

"Nope," Dwayne said, but his face remained still as he watched me.  Nodding, I turned, shoving my hands in my pockets as I made my way through the crowd.  Maybe I could find Edgar and Sam, they'd probably be done by now.  It might be easier to put up with Edgar now. 

Hopefully. 

Sighing, I started back to the comic book store, my eyes glued to the floor but when I glanced up to check where I was, I froze.  Standing there were two faces I never thought I'd see again.  My trance was broken by the popping of a balloon and before they saw me, I sprinted in the opposite direction, only to crash into someone.

"Keyna?"

"Move," I muttered, my throat slowly tightening.  I tried to get passed Alan but he wouldn't let me, neither would Marko for that matter.

"Keyna," he repeated, causing me to let out a groan of frustration before looking up at him.  "What's wrong?"

"Alan, just, move," I pleaded pathetically, glancing back but neither made any sign to, so I ducked under his arm, basically hiding as the two men passed.  Sliding down the wall, I focused on a spot on the ground, trying to calm down. 

I couldn't breath.

"Keyna," Alan tried again but I shifted away, grabbing my hair as I bent my head down, closing my eyes.  My breathing was shallow and short, a cramped feeling overcame by body.

"David's coming," I heard Marko's quiet voice but Alan didn't move. 

The air had left me all together by now.

"Keyna, you need to breath," he stated gently but I coughed, chocking back sobs as I did so, and closed my elbows together; leather caressed my cheeks. 

"You're alright." 

Nodding, I tried to tell myself the same thing, suddenly feeling the constriction loosen before I could lay my head against the building behind me, my breath evening.  When I did this, I saw Marko, standing in front of David.  He was stopping him from, well, David looked like he wanted to attack Alan actually.  I found myself looking back at Alan, and smiled weakly.

"Go find Sam and Edgar," I murmured but he shook his head.  "I'm fine, just go find them and make sure they aren't banged up too bad.  Please?"

"Alright.  But I'll see you tomorrow."

"You'll see me tomorrow," I nodded, watching him stand as Marko finally let David pass.  I didn't miss the look between Marko and Alan before my eyes shifted to David, smiling slightly.  "You got ice cream?"

"You dropped yours," he stated, causing me to laugh slightly at the aloof manner.  "C'mon."

"I just wanna sit," I told him but his eyes narrow slightly.  "I need to catch my breath, just, let me sit."

"Not here," he pulled at my hand, forcing me to stand but I felt dizzy, causing me to push against the haunted house for balance.  He looked back at me, an impatient look in his eyes, before I felt his arm wrap around me, steadying my wobbly form, leading me back to his bike.  I ignored the stares from his friends when he picked me up by the hips and put me on the black machine.  Looking down at my legs, I suddenly saw the white swirl and laughed, looking up at the straight-faced boy in front of me.  His face softened slightly before I wrapped my arms around his shoulders, burying my face into his neck.  He seemed surprised at first because his own arms just hung at his sides, apart from the one holding the cone of course, but slowly, he returned the hug, pulling our bodies together tightly.