Chapter Three: Talking About Edgar

I don't know how we'd gotten to the bed, but, somehow, I was lying there with David's lips trailing down my stomach when I realized I had to get home. Sitting up, I watched his face shift to annoyance before I hooked my finger under his chin; dragging his lips to meet mine again. He merely grunted, rolling off the bed, and waited for me to get up too before he practically yanked me out of the cave. The ride to the Emerson house wasn't as bad as the first time but considering the fact I was half asleep, it was still a little hard to get off the bike.

"Keyna," David murmured, shaking me slightly. "C'mon, I have to get back."

"Mphr," I huffed, stumbling to the door but couldn't help turning around.

"See you tomorrow," he nodded, getting back on his bike but I smiled.

"That a question or a command."

His eyes met mine before he smirked.

"Take it how you want," was his only response before he left and I shook my head, crashing on to the couch, not even attempting the stairs.

It was too late; I was tired.

--

"Sam," I heard Lucy shout, making me turn further into the pillow. "Have you seen Keyna? She isn't in her bed."

"M'here," I replied, my hand shooting in the air to show her and she laughed.

"Late night?"

"Nyeh," was all I said before turning my face back into the couch.

"Keyna, sweetie, are you feeling alright?" Lucy asked and I felt the cushioning behind me sink but I nodded, tucking my legs up to my chest. "Well breakfast's ready, why don't you get up?"

"Alright," I yawned, twisting to face her.

With a delicate smile, she moved to touch my face but I shifted so I could sit up.

Crawling off the sofa, I turned quickly, giving her my own smile before skipping into the kitchen but stopped abruptly, almost tripping in the process.

"Mrs. Emerson, someone's in the kitchen."

"Hi," the brunet boy stuck out his hand, a friendly look in his eyes. "I'm Michael."

"Mrs.-."

"I'm right here," she chuckled, patting my shoulder and I rolled it automatically but reached up to rub it. "Keyna, this is my other son, Michael."

"Oh," I murmured, feeling my cheeks heat up slightly before looking back at him. "Hi."

"Hi," he repeated laughing slightly.

"We were about to go to lunch," she nodded. "You're welcome to join us."

"Where's Sam?" I questioned and she smiled.

"He went to the comic store, we can drop you off if you want," Michael offered and I shrugged but looked down, wrinkling my nose.

"I'm gonna change first," I muttered, sprinting up the stairs. I crashed into my room and fell into my closet but not before bashing my knee against a table.

When was that there?

Looking down, I growled at the sharp pain and blood trickling.

Typical.

Quickly grabbing a bandage, I tugged on a new tank top before hopping out the door as I pat on the purple band aide. There really wasn't any point in changing my shorts, I figured. Sliding into the car, I watched the scenery whip by.