Chapter Seven: Explanations

"Are you done," he demanded, an annoyed glint in his eyes but I nodded, a goofy smile still on my face. 

It was weird. 

He'd basically told me he killed people and I acted like it was normal, then again, I wasn't exactly normal to begin with.  He probably could have killed me, strike that, he could have killed me at any time he wanted. 

Well, kind of. 

"I'm glad you find this amusing."

"I don't actually," I told him truthfully, folding my legs but his eyebrow rose.  "You told me you kill people.  My parents were killed by vampyrs-."

"You said you practically saw them killed," he interrupted quickly but I furrowed my eyebrows. 

Why did he keep looping back to that?

"No I didn't," I said slowly, shaking my head but he rolled his eyes.

"Yes you did," he stated but I tilted my head.

"I've never told anyone that, David," my eyebrow rose.  "Why would I tell you?"

"Keyna," he tried again but I moved back.

"If this's all we're gonna talk about, I wanna leave."

"You're staying the night, Keyna, I can't take you home anyway." 

Damn him. 

He smirked lightly, his thumb running over my knee but I gasped, pulling to my chest.  "What happened?"

"I tripped," I muttered, blowing on the bruise but he chuckled, pulling my leg straight.  "You're bi-polar."

"No," he smiled slightly, running his finger over the bruise before his eyes caught mine again.  "You missed me."

"Yeah," I shrugged, trying to keep my face even.

"So you're allowed to miss me after five days and I'm not allowed to love you after three," he questioned but I could tell he was teasing me, sort of.  Nodding, I squirmed under the ghost-like touch. 

"Let's say I believe the whole 'mate' thing," I sighed eventually and he nodded, resting his mouth on his own knee.  I couldn't help smiling at the cute pose but he shifted out of it. 

He was too manly to be cute. 

Hm, right. 

"How would it . . . work, exactly?"

"You'd become a vampyre too."  At this, I jumped off the bed, stumbling back.  "Keyna-."

"No," I squeaked to a new level.  "I thought you were kidding!"  He rolled his eyes but I made for the cave opening, however, Dwayne suddenly appeared, blocking it. 

What was with these guys? 

"Move!"

"Keyna," David was right behind me now but I refused to react how I wanted.  Which was recoiling into him.  But I wouldn't. 

Well I'd sure as hell try not to.

"I wanna go home," I told him weakly, trying to sound annoyed, but Dwayne smirked and I felt David's arms wrap around my waist.  Gently pulling me back, his lips caressed my neck before I turned, pushing on his chest. 

I tried a different tactic:

"You're gonna force me to do something I don't want to?"

"Keyna-."

"I will not kill people," I stated, ignoring his interruption.  "I refuse, quite adamantly."

"We can figure something out," he murmured but my eyes narrowed.