Between Father and Son

The day of the challenge, Sloan's father was set into challenging Sloan for the pack and as much as I begged him not to do it, it was set and planned. They were ready to kill one another. I couldn't bare the thought of Sloan dying. I felt this lump in my throat that didn't leave, it was there, tormenting my sleep.

The explicit images of blood and a war zone was keeping me awake, having morning sickness on top of my already miserable sleepless nights didn't help either. I had to sleep next to Sloan to ease some of the nightmares, having him close gave me a relief and a reassurance that he was still alive. If something was meant to happen to him at least I know that I spent his last minutes with him in my arms.

Close but yet distant.

I rubbed my stomach as I paced. I wanted so bad to be there, to watch the fight but Sloan didn't let me, no matter how much I begged him to let me go. He said the fight would be too violent for my eyes and in my state, it would make me feel bad.

Ay Dios mio, que todo salga bien.

I rubbed my throat, pacing around in my room and probably making a hole on the floor. I just can't stay here while God knows what was happening outside. I couldn't stop thinking about the what ifs. I can't, I need to see it for myself. I made my way toward the door and got out, stopping when two pack members turned around to watch me, arms crossed as they eyed me questioningly. "Where do you think you're going Luna?"

I bulged my eyes as I stared at them, clearing my throat, "Me? Nowhere." I turned back as I bit down my bottom lip and closed my eyes with a sigh, Sloan, ugh. You're strong headed and stubborn. I ran my fingers through my hair as I headed toward the bed, sitting down. I cupped my small stomach who in these past few weeks popped out, it was starting to grow day by day and I couldn't be happier.

I stood up from the bed, moving toward the window as I stared at the yard, the sky rumbling. I glanced up at the dark sky, lighting and thunders striking as the wind whooshed back and forth furiously, the rain pouring down heavily. I jumped slightly, closing my eyes as I breathed in and out softly.

God, let everything be okay.

I rubbed my arm, turning around as I bit down my nails. I need to see Sloan. I can't get this pain off my chest, I drew circles around my chest as I leaned my hand down. I moved toward the door and opened it, "I don't care what you do or say but I need to see my mate." I walked forward but was pulled back.

"The Alpha said strictly not to let you go and I'd like to keep my head, thank you very much." I fainted, trying to act unconscious as I could. They picked me up and walked with me back inside and onto the bed. "I'll find someone." One of them said, "I'll go find some alcohol." When I was sure that there was no one in the room, I jolted up from the bed and stood up, rushing out of the room.

Ninja Cata again, I just hope that I wasn't too late. I needed to do something.

I moved unseen and out of the house, the water pouring down. I ran into the rain, finding that damn fighting place. The circle enclosed, I couldn't walk toward the fight. Their gasps in shock made my heart skip more than two beats, my eyes widening as I pushed and barged through the crowd.

I froze in place when I got out of the circle, I closed my eyes as I breathed out heavily, cupping my mouth, "Oh God." I sunk down and one of the pack members grabbed me, helping me up. No wonder he said that the fight was too violent for my eyes, I think even my blood pressure lowered at the sight of blood in front of me.  "Sloan?" I blinked my eyes from the daze as my chest heaved up and down heavily.

I pushed away from the pack member holding me and rushed toward Sloan who had his bloody, bruised and beaten up father by his throat. "No, please. Don't do it." I moved next to him as I touched his bloody chest, my eyes shifting from him to his father, "Look at me, he's not worth it. He's your father please." I grazed down my trembling bottom lip as I glanced up at him, tears in my eyes.