Stupid Phoenix

I fluttered through the trees, enjoying the beauty of the forest.

When I came to Crystal Lake, I spotted a lily with a deformed petal. I sat down on the lily pad and began healing the flower. It takes me a while, but I manage to make the flower as beautiful as all the others.

Then, I reach into the water to restore my energy. All fairies have the ability to control light, air, water, life, and fire, but most usually specialize in one. I have mastered Water Skill, so I can even use it's energy to refresh mine. I have a basic understanding of the others though: I was able to heal the lily.

I manipulated the water with my power, creating intricate designs. I could do this for hours. Its so calming, being able to create something beautiful.

Suddenly a phoenix flew by, ruining my concentration and spoiling my art. I turned to the phoenix, annoyed and shouted "Heyy!! Watch it!! Do you know how long that took me to make?" It turned around and flew directly into me, knocking me off the lily pad and into the water. It landed on the lily pad and shifted into fairy form.

(Phoenixes could take the form of a fairy with hands and feet, since phoenixes and fairies are technically the same species [along with elves, dwarves, dragons, mermaids, and humans], but they're all different races. Why giants are so picky about skin color is beyond me. I can barely tell the difference... Anyways, phoenixes just don't have wings in fairy form, so to fly they need to be in bird form.)

I looked up at it from under the water. It was male, the worst type of phoenix. Actually...I don't think I've ever seen a female. It's always the males causing trouble. The male phoenix was shaking. I hoped he was having a seizure or something, but then I realized he was laughing...at me. My face turned as red as my flaming hair. I focused on the water and used it to tilt the lilly and send a wave crashing over it. The phoenix boy lost his balance and fell into the water. It was my turn to laugh. He came up sputtering and chocking on the water, then shifted back into bird form and flew away, pride broken.

It serves him right, stupid phoenix.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Please VOTE if you like it, thanks!!! :D